Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

For sale locally

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
e7ae6540ae581c74dfc246fabf0da35a.jpg

Should I

Last edited:
NES Footy remaster with full licensing, stat-tracking and modern game modes is what’s required.

A whizzbang PS4/PS5-caliber full bells and whistles 9-out-of-10 AFL game just isn’t feasible with the minuscule budgets involved.
I'm fine with AFL 99 graphics. Just work out the gameplay and AI and a good selection of teams and stadiums.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Hey all, putting a call out to see if anyone has photographs from our 1976 game with Footscray.
We're wanting to use them for our BBTB campaign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koch, CD and others pissed off with the SANFL starting to make waves.

This was weird because later in the 1978 season Faletic joined Port.

Great pick up ole Spoof Faletic was using the 30 June transfer deadline.

I still laugh everytime I see the Centrals twitter official account name of @Ceeentrals

Great pick up ole Spoof Faletic was using the 30 June transfer deadline.

I still laugh everytime I see the Centrals twitter official account name of @Ceeentrals

I will probably get caught out here but my recollection is Torrens didn't clear him to Port by 30 June. But Bob McLean ran an end play around the rule by putting Faletic on Port's senior list before the deadline. Then when Torrens agreed to clear him, Port said he was eligible to play that season and the sanfl agreed.

Bomber made his debut for the league team that same week...

...didn't go that well

I want to like it for Bomber's debut but I remember Sturt taking us to the cleaners a couple of times that year. I think Bomber won the BnF that year.

According to Australian Rules Football, Faletic played 151 games for Torrens so he made his decision to leave soon after his celebration.

Bit of a random Port/SANFL question from 80s..

..just been reading on a Facebook page some comments from some South Adelaide people (including ex South players), re the Andrew Obst/Brenton Honor incident from circa late 80s.

I was a teenager in 80s and I do recall it happening, but wasn't at the game, nor can I recall seeing footage (although I probably did see it).

What I'm wondering about is, does anyone have any further info to put the incident into perspective?

Eg. Was it a case of Obst reacting to being tagged all day? (similar to Aish retaliating to Bradley Ryan a few years earlier)...was it payback for an earlier incident?...was it simply a brain-snap?

My reason for asking is, that Obst was one of my favourite players, and it just seemed (to me) to be so out of character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back