Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

but theyre private school boys doing bogan rock. it's sophisticated. they're not a bad band imo. the song should definitely 'rock' more, sound more like AC/DC and less like the Wiggles

or we could reach out to these guys...

I think Jarrod Walsh had something to do with it, saw a FB post from him thanking a couple people for getting the gear to Alice.

Actually I remember seeing a photo of him in a VFL-era Carlton guernsey. This was when I was a teenager in the 90s, so it's not a new or unusual thing for him to do.

Edit: Wasn't this particular photo (from blueseum.org), but probably same concert.

In 1977 Carlton was probably his favourite Australian beer. He spent most of his time sozzled.

I don't know of too many players who have moved clubs because they were being moved forward. Maybe a smidge more understandable if he had been moved to the backline. But then a damn strange move by the club to piss off a young 200cm player by insisting he was going to play forward to the extent that we lose him and reduce our back line to about five feet one.

Even stranger that Howard played as a forward and was recruited as one.

Just damn strange. I'm happy with two of the three players that we got though without seeing how they all develop.

I don't know of too many players who have moved clubs because they were being moved forward. Maybe a smidge more understandable if he had been moved to the backline. But then a damn strange move by the club to piss off a young 200cm player by insisting he was going to play forward to the extent that we lose him and reduce our back line to about five feet one.

Even stranger that Howard played as a forward and was recruited as one.

Just damn strange. I'm happy with two of the three players that we got though without seeing how they all develop.
Good thing weve got mckenzie as same height coverage.

Cheyenne was +5 after 2 rounds at the Women's Australian Open LPGA event down Tapleys Hill Road from Alberton at Royal Adelaide, missed the cut for the last two rounds over the weekend, which was Par or better, so was free Friday night, so why not come and watch a Port game.

When I was a kid he was the crux of much moral panic. Then Marilyn Manson came along and made him resemble a slightly wayward Hanson brother.

Manson was the last. I don't think there's been any since. And my devout Anglican mum vetted him by reading his book and listened to all his albums prior to letting my old brother go see him at the big day out. She ok'd it.

When I was a kid he was the crux of much moral panic. Then Marilyn Manson came along and made him resemble a slightly wayward Hanson brother.

Like most people my age, my first exposure to Alice Cooper was his appearance in Wayne's World. As such, I skipped the moral panic part and went straight to seeing him as a wise, intelligent and cool guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's a Bad Dreems?

Just do it. If it is not good, it's the band that would look bad. It wouldn't affect the song or the club.

In Brazil, for historical reasons, the canonical version of the big clubs' song is from the Rio de Janeiro's Fire Department martial band. Still, there have always been other versions going around. For instance, here, some versions of Grêmio's:

Canonical

Others

Etc.
----
P.S.: There is a Grê-Nal derby today. So, I am a bit excited. ;)

P.P.S.: Good guys won 1-0, by the way. Great times!

Last edited:
As a 13 year old i purchased School's Out LP which came with a pair of girls panties! Mum of course confiscated them. Next purchase was Chuck Berry's My Ding a ling LP ... the good old days.

Just do it. If it is not good, it's the band that would look bad. It wouldn't affect the song or the club.

In Brazil, for historical reasons, the canonical version of the big clubs' song is from the Rio de Janeiro's Fire Department martial band. Still, there have always been other versions going around. For instance, here, some versions of Grêmio's:

Canonical

Others

Etc.
----
P.S.: There is a Grê-Nal derby today. So, I am a bit excited. ;)

ours does lack piano accordion

I miss Youngy...and Schulzy...and yes, even Mitch

I remember this, this was great. I had Hoff dropping his shades at the camera as my profile pic on here for like a year.

Last night at the Alice Cooper concert. He could hardly have worn a tingles top, could he?

"I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name..."

View attachment 821452View attachment 821453

Flicked on the radio 5 minutes ago heard Timmy G, so didn't change the station and then they said after the break, we will be talking to Bucky Cunningham about Alice Cooper.

In March 1977 Alice Cooper played his Welcome to my Nightmare Tour at Footy Park, and wore a lace up #8 guernsey - Bucky's old number. They asked Bucky if he knew the story behind it, but said he didn't know who organised it, maybe someone from the club. Bucky said he didn't go to the concert. Said he was one of the smaller guys so maybe it was a good fit for Cooper and that's why he chose the #8 guernsey.

1977 was a good year for Ports. Anyone ever seen a photo of that concert??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back