Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Im more talking about the product they produce, not overly renowned. Relax.
Their product isn't necessarily to my taste but that doesn't come into consideration in regards to a club sponsor. As long as they don't have a poor corporate image their money is just as good as that of any similar brand.

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
Their product isn't necessarily to my taste but that doesn't come into consideration in regards to a club sponsor. As long as they don't have a poor corporate image their money is just as good as that of any similar brand.
They would be producing all our apparel, how do we make money if the style isn't appropriate?

Had no idea the Burgoyne Bros were 2nd gen Port players (Thus making Trent a 3rd gen Port player).

644C54CA-A0B5-4C30-B854-A110278CB182.jpeg

#itisscience

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hope so s:
View attachment 900362

Kappa's “Omini” logo pictures the silhouette of a man and woman leaning against each another. It represents the equality of men and women and their mutual support. ... The idea grew into what is now the logo for the Kappa and Robe di Kappa brands and a recognized symbol of quality and style.

https://www.google.com/search?rls=e...hUKEwj9gqWT9p7qAhXSyzgGHeuFCh8Q420oA3oECAgQCQ
Geez, I haven't seen that logo since boxing day 2004 when I purchased 2 pink tablets off Adelaide Crow tagging extraordinare Bob Shirley at Savvy nightclub.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Hope so :hearts:
View attachment 900362

Kappa's “Omini” logo pictures the silhouette of a man and woman leaning against each another. It represents the equality of men and women and their mutual support. ... The idea grew into what is now the logo for the Kappa and Robe di Kappa brands and a recognized symbol of quality and style.

https://www.google.com/search?rls=e...hUKEwj9gqWT9p7qAhXSyzgGHeuFCh8Q420oA3oECAgQCQ
There is nothing wrong with Kappa...
images

And I actually have this one...

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dixon is the pivotal player in our campaign this year. We were on track in 2018 until he broke his leg. It is impossible to estimate his influence. He reminds me of Chad Cornes in 2004. Chad was that important player in 2004. I felt that at the start of the 2004 season (even told him and a couple of other Port players at a pre-season function in 2004). Today will tell us a lot.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow. Forgot all about Kym Curtis.

Curtis had a pretty good game in that 1979 rain and windswept gf against South, including one huge mark on the outer wing when the top half of his body was well above the pack, a few years later he was cleared to West Torrens and from memory he dropped out of the game within only a few more seasons.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
They would be producing all our apparel, how do we make money if the style isn't appropriate?
The majority of supporters that buy official PAFC merchandise wouldn't be fashionistas like yourself. :)

The value to the club in apparel sponsorship wouldn't be overly dependent on merchandise sales.

One of Bob Quinn's boys (Greg) is currently talking to Cornesy on 5AA.
Greg is a gentleman. Lucky enough to sit on his table and chat at the ANZAC Day round pre game function in 2014 when Peter Chant and Bob and George Quinn military medals were presented to the club.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Rocky was a free agent
Wasnt the deal Lachie Neale
Neale and a 2nd round upgrade for picks 6 19 and a a 2nd round downgrade

We would've rioted on here if we paid that for him at the time