Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Found this while cleaning today, I have no idea what's going on.

bab10c2678ea77ab4c8b1fdbbfa1cd54.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Found this while cleaning today, I have no idea what's going on.

bab10c2678ea77ab4c8b1fdbbfa1cd54.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Is that the 2012 member's tie?

I put this chart of % wins in Todd Marshall's thread after the GWS game in Rd 6 last year, when his win % was second only to Hardwick's %. The cut off point was at least 10 games and 60% win percentage.

You will note of the 18 players, 10 played in the 2004 flag, 5 played all their footy at Port between 1999-2007 when we played in finals 7 seasons out of 9, Stephen Carter who only played 10 games in our debut AFL season and Marshall and Riley Bonner joined that list.

1615265077843.png

I saw the chart on Saturday and thought how many of the current players have jumped into the 60% list or are only 1 or 2 wins away from that percentage. So started updating it. Obviously last year helped winning 15 out of the 19 games played, but it also reflects that the side is getting close to achieving the consistency of our squads between 1999-2007.

You would think most of the players below will stay above 60% this season and over the next couple of seasons after this year. I have put Georgiades and Mayes on that list as I expect them to have recorded 10 games by the end of 2021.

Most of these younger players have become key players the last 2 or 3 years or are poised to become so.

1615265348657.png

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I put this chart of % wins in Todd Marshall's thread after the GWS game in Rd 6 last year, when his win % was second only to Hardwick's %. The cut off point was at least 10 games and 60% win percentage.

You will note of the 18 players, 10 played in the 2004 flag, 5 played all their footy at Port between 1999-2007 when we played in finals 7 seasons out of 9, Stephen Carter who only played 10 games in our debut AFL season and Marshall and Riley Bonner joined that list.

View attachment 1073521

I saw the chart on Saturday and thought how many of the current players have jumped into the 60% list or are only 1 or 2 wins away from that percentage. So started updating it. Obviously last year helped winning 15 out of the 19 games played, but it also reflects that the side is getting close to achieving the consistency of our squads between 1999-2007.

You would think most of the players below will stay above 60% this season and over the next couple of seasons after this year. I have put Georgiades and Mayes on that list as I expect them to have recorded 10 games by the end of 2021.

Most of these younger players have become key players the last 2 or 3 years or are poised to become so.

View attachment 1073523
Jarod Lienert - what is his status?

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
The fu**?

I hope he means it's a great story because they are ******* sh*t but I don't think he does.

Collingwood's last year would've made the mother of all Amazon Prime docos, but Cos's boss made sure Collingwood wasn't included, otherwise Cos's boss might've come out of the series looking the worst mother of the lot.

It's a 'great story' and 'Adelaide come out of it looking good' because they won games on the backend of the season and appeared to be turning the corner, which is great for the documentary but shithouse for Adelaide's prospects as a club.

It's a 'great story' and 'Adelaide come out of it looking good' because they won games on the backend of the season and appeared to be turning the corner, which is great for the documentary but shithouse for Adelaide's prospects as a club.

The Hawthorn game serving as the ‘away’ fixture against an ECO-opponent which got them off the mark was incredibly fortuitous from a ‘let’s not duckegg’ standpoint.

Even if that’s on neutral territory in Queensland, let alone in Melbourne or Tasmania, that’s probably another L.

I'm trying to understand how they come away looking good. The previews make them look like the absolute bin fire we all know they are. Me thinks Cos is lying.
Cos is not lying per se. He’s talking up his product.

The fact that his product, promoting the Crows, is a new conflict of interest with his PAFC Board responsibilities is neither here nor there.

The Hawthorn game serving as the ‘away’ fixture against an ECO-opponent which got them off the mark was incredibly fortuitous from a ‘let’s not duckegg’ standpoint.

Even if that’s on neutral territory in Queensland, let alone in Melbourne or Tasmania, that’s probably another L.

Ah yes, the 'away' fixture against Hawthorn. Was fantastic how they played 10 of their 17 games at Adelaide Oval and we played 7 of 17.

Back