Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Saw the 'This is Port Adelaide' movie tonight in Brisbane. Spoiler alert

Glad I went as I was sure to regret if I missed it. First 20-30 mins is great, story well told of the club and the success and why we looked to go beyond the SANFL. Didn't like the 'year that was' for 2020....usual Covid stuff and then to see highlights of games that were losses and then to ultimately get knocked out, kinda contradicted all teh success that was spoken about earlier. I get that it was 150 year, but it was a failure in the end.....not a success. I did appreciate seeing the presser where Ken said 'We're coming' Big fan of setting the bar high, what I expect from the club.

Black and white all the way through looked cool and the first 5-10 mins showed a lot wharf pylons and similar so expressed teh PBs well. Didn't think it was special to see the diehard supporters with their rooms dedicated to Port memorabilia. I respect it but at the same time, every club has those....you could talk Saints, Cats, Fitzroy, Footscray and see all the same things.....it was our success that made us special. We also have diehard supporters that don't paint their face, don't wear port gear everywhere, but follow the club with passion.

To sum up my view, my sports mad Canadian girlfriend I would look to have her watch the first 30 mins to see why/how/where we have come from, but after that I would be happy for her to switch off. Still as port fans, go have a look. It is only a good thing that these things get made and it is more than the club commissioning it but talented film makers looking to drive the project to make the film and allow us supporters to see more of our great club.

Matty Primus spoke after the movie. I get the impression he is very much a port man first. His answers didn't come across as lip service to pander to the audience.
This summed up my thoughts exactly.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Still reckon Riley MacFarlane was BOG. Must have had over 40 disposals.
Hoff was very good though.
Mind you, Barossa Districts have tumbled from Grand finalist to road kill over the past 3 or 4 years.

Saw a C3 ammos side won 239 points to nil yesterday :rolleyes:
Don't they have the mercy rule there anymore?

David King on Port this morning on his regular hour long Monday Means Test with Whateley talked about Port.

5 minutes in Whateley asks - Was the weekend a flex for you? Was that what you settled on?

King - Oh yeah. Weekend of Flex. The big boys just flexed their muscles.
They said ok. The cats needed to put a performance like that....

There's an edge to Port Adelaide now. I've called them Port Edge-laide last
night on the First Crack. There's a real anger how they play. And there's a, there's
a want to leave your club in a state of Chaos once you've played Port Adelaide.
They want to challenge you on all fronts, they want to impact the scoreboard,
they're on auto-pilot at the moment. They really are.
Heard Ken's press conference, absolutely fantastic. I don't get in the way,
things are going beautifully, let the players play. How many times have you heard
coaches say that? Let the players play. Fantastic. You'd love to be coached by Ken Hinkley.
Then you've got the dogs and melbourne and others.

Last couple of minutes King and Whately do their weekly top 4 seeds. King has us 2nd, Whately has us 1st.

Whateley - I think Port Adelaide is the best football.
King - Your just sejuiced by Port Adelaide.
Whately - No I'm an addict. I'm a long time Power addict.
King - You're a long term sufferer.
Whately - Even thru those years where they weren't making it, I thought they were winning it.
King - They were still your one when they weren't making it?
Whately - Their footy is, its the most complete I think. The most ruthless,
so I've got Melbourne at 2 .......

King - Whose best is best?
Whately - I think Port's best is best....

King -goes on why dogs are his 1st, then says
Port Adelaide they're just ruthless. Now does ruthless, they're ruthless off a
back of a tough preliminary final loss and that can be a powerful thing.
I think the top 3, are the clear top 3.

Nice to hear Vic media ex footballer types think we are ruthless.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Matthew Lloyd has tipped us to win the flag despite having the handicap of being an "interstate" team.

Screenshot_2021-04-27-09-00-26-247.jpeg

Talk a bit of Bob Quinn, Erin is the narrator of The Rover of Tobruk, and Port Adelaide, and they will show plenty of Collingwood footage. Erin can talk a bit of crows AFLW and I will flck it over.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
PORT ADELAIDE FROM 2018

IN
: Ryan Burton, Sam Mayes, Pick 5 (Conor Rozee), Pick 12 (Zak Butters), Pick 18 (Xavier Duursma), Charlie Dixon, Orazio Fantasia, Aliir Aliir, Steven Motlop, Tom Rockliff, Scott Lycett

OUT: Chad Wingard, Jared Polec, Jasper Pittard, Pick 23, Pick 30, Pick 48, Pick 49, Pick 10, Pick 29, Future second-round pick

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
PORT ADELAIDE FROM 2018

IN
: Ryan Burton, Sam Mayes, Pick 5 (Conor Rozee), Pick 12 (Zak Butters), Pick 18 (Xavier Duursma), Charlie Dixon, Orazio Fantasia, Aliir Aliir, Steven Motlop, Tom Rockliff, Scott Lycett

OUT: Chad Wingard, Jared Polec, Jasper Pittard, Pick 23, Pick 30, Pick 48, Pick 49, Pick 10, Pick 29, Future second-round pick

Dixon?

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Gerard Haeley waxes lyrical about our box office appeal. He'd see a lot of us on Foxtel, so he should know...

For Gerard Healy, the Power’s potency in 2021 has only been enhanced by their box-office viewing status by virtue of the way they play.

“You talk about excitement, if you look it up in the dictionary Port Adelaide is there,” he said.

“They are just incredible to watch. From the minute the song plays right throughout when they put St Kilda to the sword they are a side that is continuing to transform and unveil young players.”

Gerard Haeley waxes lyrical about our box office appeal. He'd see a lot of us on Foxtel, so he should know...

For Gerard Healy, the Power’s potency in 2021 has only been enhanced by their box-office viewing status by virtue of the way they play.

“You talk about excitement, if you look it up in the dictionary Port Adelaide is there,” he said.

“They are just incredible to watch. From the minute the song plays right throughout when they put St Kilda to the sword they are a side that is continuing to transform and unveil young players.”

It’s like déjà vu all over again

Back