Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Somebody put up a link to a Bass interview a few weeks back where he addressed this. He spoke of clearing out the Fwd50, getting KPF's to spread and improving

delivery into it. Made mention that we are working with players who aren't the greatest kicks (Boak SPP and Wal?) lowering their eyes and executing simple short kicks

for greater effect AND reducing momentum killing clangers.
Wow made mention that he's literally doing the basics of his job now after how many years? This is actually really disheartening stuff to hear like honestly what have they been doing the last few years?

Ross Lyon loves sucking Eddies little dick, fukn sickening.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ross Lyon was asked by Caro (where is she?) as the season started about his future coaching ambitions. He was coy saying he was happy where he was at the moment

to which she said iirc "what about the $ or does media pay more" and he said "it does". Incredulous she said what... more than you were getting as an AFL coach?

"yep" he replied. Sooo no wonder he's ^ and with relish. Personally I reckon Ross is a bit of a creep and that Freo buried that incident* he was linked to.

* inappropriate behaviour.

Somebody put up a link to a Bass interview a few weeks back
PJ Power :D when you clicked like to my post is when the penny dropped. Good link btw very informative like most things Bass says.

Have started warming to Nathan, for a long time I mistook his demeanour for arrogance and whilst there's bit of that I'm coming to realize he's a savvy dude.

Wow made mention that he's literally doing the basics of his job now after how many years? This is actually really disheartening stuff to hear like honestly what have they been doing the last few years?
OR he's dealing with super egos and or bricks with ears. I take your point but I've long since given up on assuming my sporting heroes are all smart or model citizens.

Ross Lyon was asked by Caro (where is she?) as the season started about his future coaching ambitions. He was coy saying he was happy where he was at the moment

to which she said iirc "what about the $ or does media pay more" and he said "it does". Incredulous she said what... more than you were getting as an AFL coach?

"yep" he replied. Sooo no wonder he's ^ and with relish. Personally I reckon Ross is a bit of a creep and that Freo buried that incident* he was linked to.

* inappropriate behaviour.

Watching the footy show, you just knew Lyon was belting Eddies words. Fukn disgusting pricks !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When Dermie was on a stack of 9 shows back in the day he was asked if he would ever coach. He said his tax bill working as a TV presenter was bigger than a coaching salary.

Did anyone notice that the St Kilda and Richmond games we ended up with the exact same total in attendance? That doesn't seem right.

Did anyone notice that the St Kilda and Richmond games we ended up with the exact same total in attendance? That doesn't seem right.

Nothing is right in the AFL world

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cd967a41aa776245d50e2b0b86ac5f3f.jpg

This *head was out the front of my shop this morning

Somebody put up a link to a Bass interview a few weeks back where he addressed this. He spoke of clearing out the Fwd50, getting KPF's to spread and improving

delivery into it. Made mention that we are working with players who aren't the greatest kicks (Boak SPP and Wal?) lowering their eyes and executing simple short kicks

for greater effect AND reducing momentum killing clangers.
:drunk: Worked well with the Lycett kick in last week ... literally falling over each other before the ball even arrives!!!

C 0.JPG C 3.JPG

A lot has been made of Port changing up their style this year, but the reality is that our score from back half has come about because we are making sure that we kick goals more regularly than we have been this season. Our goal efficiency is second in the competition, and that comes from having guys like Motlop, Fantasia and Georgiades who can push forward quickly and exploit the space that Dixon creates as he comes up to the wing. It’s a response to teams pushing up and trying to lock the ball inside 50.

As soon as teams start to drop players back (like Richmond so when they like to surge from defence), we play a forward half game.

When we have perfected it, we’ll play both styles at the same time.

They were all over us at the beginning. When we righted the ship, it was already too late.

Still, we went off again. Then, they ran us over for good.

It was practically the opposite of the 2019 Easter game over there. They couldn’t do no wrong.

I sincerely can’t judge whether it was a tactical issue. There was certainly something of that, but it wasn’t just that. It could simply have been “one of those days.” You write it off and move on.
I am dealing with the West Coast game by telling myself that this year we are like the Richmond juggernaut of 2018 except that we had our one bad half for the year in round 3 whereas they had theirs in the PF...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back