Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Timmy. I hope the Prison bar sanitised him. ;)

IMAGINE
John Lennon & Counting Crows

Imagine there's no Melbourne
It's easy if you try
No Port below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all our players
Staying in Adelaide

Imagine there is no Rucci
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to news or lie for
No Kane Cornes too
Imagine South Australians
Following the Crows in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you may join us
And the world will fly as one

Maybe not who you'd have thought (according to Champagne Data anyway)...

1627626006626.png

Big Timmy and Russell were hogging all the goals - he probably got bored.

He came off the bench that day and Anderson belted him as soon as he came on. Dave decided Ok that's how it's going to be...

The SAFootballArchive Youtube channel recently updated a heap more old videos - in one I saw the other day, Gary Tredrea was playing for West, which I didn't realise.

There was a few in that era who went from Port to West - also Grimwood, Berwick, and in later years Belton & C Ebert.

To Port there were a few too I guess - Choco & Anthony, plus Dexter Kennedy.

The SAFootballArchive Youtube channel recently updated a heap more old videos - in one I saw the other day, Gary Tredrea was playing for West, which I didn't realise.

There was a few in that era who went from Port to West - also Grimwood, Berwick, and in later years Belton & C Ebert.

To Port there were a few too I guess - Choco & Anthony, plus Dexter Kennedy.
Ray Hayes across to West.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised Arturo Taverna was using a woman to advertise perms. I reckon there were more blokes than women having them back then. Including our coach.

Peter Jonas had a spectacular perm.

Who was that George bloke from Centrals listed in the leading goalkickers? I don't remember him.

Max George from WA. He kicked bags of 10 two weeks in a row and Centrals supporters were up and about. Then they played Port at Alberton, we held him to 2 goals and clobbered them.

I'm surprised Arturo Taverna was using a woman to advertise perms. I reckon there were more blokes than women having them back then. Including our coach.

Arturo vs Feres Trabilsie

I was a Joseph's man. Or, to put it more accurately, that's where my grandmother used to take me for haircuts. No perms though.

We had a few celebrity hairdressers in Adelaide in the 70s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back