Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

In Hinkleys 10th year, how can he turn it around and win a premiership?

It’s never happened before, even in the days where it was a 12-team suburban.

But nah, we’re certain to buck a century-long trend.

It’s never happened before, even in the days where it was a 12-team suburban.

But nah, we’re certain to buck a century-long trend.
I'm trying tow work out how he could do it if it's even possible.

In Hinkleys 10th year, how can he turn it around and win a premiership?
He can't. Like 2004, it will be upto the players. They have to get nasty and stop worrying about being nice humans.

Brett Backwell, the original and the best <citation needed>

Interesting line on his Wikipedia page.

His father Owen was a winner of the QAFL's Grogan Medal in 1971 and 1975.

:oops:

I don't even want to know what that is awarded for.

Interesting line on his Wikipedia page.

His father Owen was a winner of the QAFL's Grogan Medal in 1971 and 1975.

:oops:

I don't even want to know what that is awarded for.
That's the league's B&F medal. Russell Ebert's brother Jeff won it one year in the 1970's. Think the same year as Russell won the magarey in 1976.

Chad was the original big bodied utility.

Unfortunately he played in an era just before the modern game, when not having one set position for ten years was seen as a deficiency. An ok key forward, star defender, and star midfielder, a contested beast and a running machine too. He was Nat Fyfe before Nat Fyfe was a thing. Five years too early, the rise of the utility didn't really happen til the early 2010s.

I'd sh*t in my hands and clap before I read a twitter thread or facebook comments section about a post like this. They can't even bring themselves to rate Tredrea despite him being THE dominant force in the league for half a decade. Chad has no chance, despite being the prototype modern CHB and a Koutaesque midfielder.
The most confusing about Tredders not being rated, is that he was rated at the time. Four AAs in a row, MVP, premiership captain, the people doing the rewards were aware (except the umpires in 2004). It seems that about as soon as 2005 happened Warren was immediately forgotten.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He can't. Like 2004, it will be upto the players. They have to get nasty and stop worrying about being nice humans.
That won’t happen, that’s a cultural aspect driven By Ken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most confusing about Tredders not being rated, is that he was rated at the time. Four AAs in a row, MVP, premiership captain, the people doing the rewards were aware (except the umpires in 2004). It seems that about as soon as 2005 happened Warren was immediately forgotten.

Even when he was in his pomp everyone was falling all over themselves to usurp him with more popular heirs: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Brown.

The purest microcosm of this phenomenon was an episode of On The Couch very early in the 2005 season where they were discussing who the premier key forward in the comp was, from memory as an extension of Mike’s annual Top 50: Riewoldt (AFLPA MVP), Tredrea (AFLCA MVP, 4 x reigning AA CHF), Gehrig (Coleman/Centurion) all mentioned.

Healy then piped up with his usual boner for Jonathan Brown, claiming he was the best.

“What makes you say that, Gerard?”

- “He’s won three premierships, Mike”

Sheahan looked like he was about to send Gerard for a CTE scan.

Even when he was in his pomp everyone was falling all over themselves to usurp him with more popular heirs: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Brown.

The purest microcosm of this phenomenon was an episode of On The Couch very early in the 2005 season where they were discussing who the premier key forward in the comp was, from memory as an extension of Mike’s annual Top 50: Riewoldt (AFLPA MVP), Tredrea (AFLCA MVP, 4 x reigning AA CHF), Gehrig (Coleman/Centurion) all mentioned.

Healy then piped up with his usual boner for Jonathan Brown, claiming he was the best.

And how grateful we've all been for another 16 years of his claptrap.

Are you Sheehan wasn't looking at him like 'good god he's right!'

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Anyone catch Matt Richardson on SEN this morning?
Just tuned in, he's hyping up Chad Cornes as backline coach.

AFLW meeting this week, list concessions and stuff like that will be looked at in the next month.

Backed Darren Cahill as a board member, and he's back in SA.

Late November pre-season will start. Some players are at Alberton running already.

Everyone is vaccinated.

Just tuned in, he's hyping up Chad Cornes as backline coach.

AFLW meeting this week, list concessions and stuff like that will be looked at in the next month.

Backed Darren Cahill as a board member, and he's back in SA.

Late November pre-season will start. Some players are at Alberton running already.

Everyone is vaccinated.

All of these are huge if true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back