Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CUF5Xvg.png

How long has Chad been sporting this tattoo? I don't follow individual players on social media, so please forgive me if it isn't recent.

The general vibe of this board appears to have gone from we are hopeless, our player trades, well non trades, were rubbish, our trades for picks inc Rd 1 next year was too risky, we are a bottom 8 to bottom 4 side, we have too many gaps in our list, don't have enough KPF's etc - to one of bloody hell we have drafted really well, filled many of our needs, got a couple of guns and we are ready to have a big year.

Now there are plenty who haven't had some of these thoughts ie not as bad and not as good, and some had none of them, but the vibe seems to have gone from no hope to plenty of hope for 2017.

The general vibe of this board appears to have gone from we are hopeless, our player trades, well non trades, were rubbish, our trades for picks inc Rd 1 next year was too risky, we are a bottom 8 to bottom 4 side, we have too many gaps in our list, don't have enough KPF's etc - to one of bloody hell we have drafted really well, filled many of our needs, got a couple of guns and we are ready to have a big year.

Now there are plenty who haven't had some of these thoughts ie not as bad and not as good, and some had none of them, but the vibe seems to have gone from no hope to plenty of hope for 2017.
There was a rather poor turn out at last night's Let's Burn Chris Davies at the Stake committee meeting.

it is the beauty of the draft. It gives hope to every club.

Nailed it! It's probably why none of us here are running football lists/departments!

i think you're missing the main difference. we had those thoughts in october, it's now november.

"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on."

- Stolen from a movie that probably stole it from somewhere else

i think you're missing the main difference. we had those thoughts in october, it's now november.
What??? I said we have gone from X to Y ie over time

2019 could be a significant year because it may be the last year that our older players such as Boak, Gray and Ryder can realistically contribute heavily towards a tilt at a top 4 finish.....and it may be the year that recent draftees such as Bonner, Atley, P-P and Drew start to make the transition as key players in the side after a couple of years of development.

So projecting forward, our side could look like something like the below, which obviously doesnt take into account additions to the squad in next 2 off-seasons.

FF Gray, Dixon, Young
HF Wingard, Howard, Atley
C Bonner, Wines, Hartlett
HB Drew, Austin, Pittard
FB Byrne-Jones, Jonas, Hombsch

RUCK
Ryder
Boak
Powell-Pepper

INT Trengove, Lienert, Impey, Ebert

EMERG from: Frampton, Marshall, Snelling, Amon
FF Gray, Dixon, Johnson
C Impey, Wines, Hartlett
HB Drew, Austin, Pittard

RUCK
Ryder
Boak
Powell-Pepper
FF Gray, Dixon, Young
C Bonner, Wines, Hartlett
HB Drew, Austin, Pittard

RUCK
Ryder
Boak
Powell-Pepper

INT Trengove, Lienert, Impey, Snelling

EMERG Frampton
FF Gray, Dixon, Johnson
C Impey, Wines, Hartlett
HB Drew, Austin, Pittard

RUCK
Ryder
Boak
Powell-Pepper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2019 could be a significant year because it may be the last year that our older players such as Boak, Gray and Ryder can realistically contribute heavily towards a tilt at a top 4 finish.....and it may be the year that recent draftees such as Bonner, Atley, P-P and Drew start to make the transition as key players in the side after a couple of years of development.

You know that Sam Mitchell won the second of his four flags when he was 31 years old, right? And that Boak will be 30 in 2019 (he's 28 now and will be 28 until August next year)?

2019 he should be in peak premiership form, not winding down. Something to consider.

You know that Sam Mitchell won the second of his four flags when he was 31 years old, right? And that Boak will be 30 in 2019 (he's 28 now and will be 28 until August next year)?

2019 he should be in peak premiership form, not winding down. Something to consider.
Listening to the podcast today, great point they made about our drafting of inside ball winning mids could extend Boaks career. Look forward to watching him play a little more outside this year and getting back to his AA form.

Just watched episode 1 of the draft series.

I really want Ken to succeed, I love how he buys into the history of the club.

Not sure if it is fact or fiction but I heard during Chocos time, as part of a draftees induction, they were made to watch a dvd about the history of the club?

That number's no good, not even when I add 8 to it. Not on Twitter so can someone tweet Dwayne Russell for me? Ask him to come do my backyard. It's a f@%king jungle out there. Cheers.

View attachment 314961

Lol I remember having a 6-digit landline. It was one digit different from a hairdresser in Torrensville so every now and again we'd get one of their customers calling to make an appointment.

We got Chloe's restaurant reservations

Listening to the podcast today, great point they made about our drafting of inside ball winning mids could extend Boaks career. Look forward to watching him play a little more outside this year and getting back to his AA form.

Pushing forward when required. Boak's ability overhead and around goal is sadly under utilised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back