List Mgmt. Lever Traded!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows you what kind of negotiator Noble was, JR has more of an ***hole vibe which probably comes from his time as a player manager.

Oh and his father, with a little less of a rule breaking streak

Did Noble have one eye on other jobs hence he didn't want to make waves.

Which is worked out how though?

via points?

How do you factor in players going back the other way?

Yes it's via points. These are indicated by an 'e' after the number. So it's a cheap, easy way to compare.

I don't include trades where a significant portion of the currency on either side are players. Eg. the Heath Shaw for Taylor Adams trade.

Yes it's via points. These are indicated by an 'e' after the number. So it's a cheap, easy way to compare.

I don't include trades where a significant portion of the currency on either side are players. Eg. the Heath Shaw for Taylor Adams trade.

Ok cool thanks for clarifying.

Shows you what kind of negotiator Noble was, JR has more of an ***hole vibe which probably comes from his time as a player manager.

Oh and his father, with a little less of a rule breaking streak
It's a different situation to be fair . Danger was a restricted free agent which means that we had less ability to negoiate

Its always going to be about what the club uses them for.
Two for the price of one (trade picks) are always a win .....a 2nd round loss in this draft is no big shake

We'll replace Lever ok .....big win & lets move on to bigger & better

Two for the price of one (trade picks) are always a win .....a 2nd round loss in this draft is no big shake

We'll replace Lever ok .....big win & lets move on to bigger & better
Yeah true but the question was posed about how the value will be regarded. ie if we get guns then the trade is a win, if we get duds then like Dangerfield/Gore it will be seen as a loss.

Yeah true but the question was posed about how the value will be regarded. ie if we get guns then the trade is a win, if we get duds then like Dangerfield/Gore it will be seen as a loss.
:p Dangerfield a dud?

Our recruiting team has not put a foot wrong on our first rnd picks ......our last dud was Sellar in 2006 ...11 years ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:p Dangerfield a dud?

Our recruiting team has not put a foot wrong on our first rnd picks ......our last dud was Sellar in 2006 ...11 years ago
;) The Dangerfield trade getting Gore, that was complicated by the 1 club only getting involved. Are you only including first 1st rounders or does Doedee count? While it is early the time taken to get on the field is concerning

;) The Dangerfield trade getting Gore, that was complicated by the 1 club only getting involved. Are you only including first 1st rounders or does Doedee count? While it is early the time taken to get on the field is concerning
Yes only 1st round picks .....and Doedee won't be a failure !!!!!

You know you've won the trade when it's your player that is poached but it's the opponents fans that are bitching about the trade.

Melbourne fans know they've overpaid, meanwhile everyone here is rejoicing.

It's a different situation to be fair . Danger was a restricted free agent which means that we had less ability to negoiate
I thought that at the time.

Not true though. Once we matched and forced the trade, he was in the exact same boat as Lever.

It was a horrid deal.

It will be interesting to see what happens in four years' time.

If he handles the end of the Melbourne contract as he handled the end of the Crows contract, and shops himself then as aggressively as he did this time, then he may find another club. Melbourne fans might think that 2 x firsts to get Jake Lever for four years only was not great value....

What has Melbourne seen in this guy that is worth the huge buckeroos and 2 first rounders?

Like many I have seen every game he has ever played and would be the first to admit he has something special to offer as an intercept mark, a 3rd up defender or loose man in defence. But I don't ever remember Lever being the difference between a win and a loss in any game. He was instrumental in our defence but Jake was never a game changer.

The coaches didn't rate him in the top ten this season and yet he has netted us and himself a bounty. And all thanks to the Melbourne footy club........

I have no doubt Jake will be a good contributor in their backline but seriously......come next season and their supporters realise they don't have another first round draft pick and a few player managers realise the MFC is tougher to deal wth all of a sudden. By this time Jake had better be earning Brownlow and B&F votes to back up their investment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back