List Mgmt. Lever Traded!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I distinctly remember him early last year on FC saying "oh how good is this kid? How much would you pay him to get him over? A million? He'd be the backbone of your defense for a decade" with that sleazy look he does as if he's sizing up your missus

1457654220600.jpg

Something something..... SWANS.... something something ..... SYDNEY.....something something.....

Im going to watch On The Couch this arvo, Im going to pay attention if he mentions (actually correction, how many times) Sydney.

Any one want Lever Back ? Can I get a refund.
Think its broke lol

The term is "caveat Emptor".

Like most department store chains we do not give refunds on items bought for purposes other than those intended by the manufacturer

Ben Dixon, Wayne Carey and Rodney Eade discussing Jake Lever on the ‘Dont Argue’ podcast. They’re getting stuck in to Lever. Dixon in particular ripping him. I’m loving this. All agree that the support he got at Adelaide was so much better than at Melbourne. EAD Jakey boy. You left for the money and now you’re paying for it.

Ben Dixon, Wayne Carey and Rodney Eade discussing Jake Lever on the ‘Dont Argue’ podcast. They’re getting stuck in to Lever. Dixon in particular ripping him. I’m loving this. All agree that the support he got at Adelaide was so much better than at Melbourne. EAD Jakey boy. You left for the money and now you’re paying for it.
Anyone that wants to listen...

https://player.fm/series/dont-argue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Rocket Eade thinks it will be a Giants vs Crows Grand Final if both have their best 22 available on the day.

Guys I've worked it out, how Melbourne make this work.

They just need to take a leaf from Carlton and Geelongs book and throw Lever to full forward.

Who needs a good defender when you can have a terrible forward?!
The old "get him away from where the ball is" trick to reduce his ave clangers

Interesting that Rocket Eade thinks it will be a Giants vs Crows Grand Final if both have their best 22 available on the day.

If we had smith back and in pre injury form yes... but I can’t see that happening this season.

I think we can still get there and hope we do... but the swans are the ones I’d have my money on this year if I was forced to put my life savings on it..
They had a bad day against Port in round 2 but they beat the eagles in Perth and the eagles aren’t looking too bad either so that was no soft win... they beat GWS (some say are the favourite)... and they won against the dogs..

Teams always struggle the week after the trip to Perth.. and they reacon it’s compounded now by the fact that the ground at the new stadium is “edihad” hard....

I was slightly confused by the comments by the On The Couch guys because it seemed to me they wanted him to just flat out ignore what the coaches are telling him, or go the other way and tell the coaches he's to be played as a deep intercepting defender only.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/8-jake-lever-now-sponsored-by-bigfooty-demons.1179969/

Hahaha... how great is it reading this thread over on the dees board!..
It goes from cheering and happy at the start when the trade happened, to cockiness over getting from the crows, to fawning over the way Lever spoke elequently in his first presser, to how great he is gonna be for the entire team blah, blah, blah.... vomit..

To this;
So much wrong with him being at our club. Obviously gave way too much for him. 2 first round picks really hurt especially when the last two drafts we really haven't picked up any top line players, another year without getting our hands on a top line junior I believe will hurt us long term.
The acquisition of Lever has meant our back 6 has had to adapt to him being there. And our backline was pretty damn solid last year. Although you can't blame the poor form of Hunt, Hibberd and Jetta completely on Lever, surely it's no coincidence that their form slumps as he comes into the side.
Acquiring Lever has not only been disruptive to the back half, but his form has been horrible. If his name was Oscar McDonald, he would have been sentenced and hung by now by most supporters. His positioning is way off, his ball use is just horrible, and his decision making is one of the worst in the side.
Another problem is the coaches seem to have no idea how to use him. Whoever our backline coach is, should be sacked on the spot. We have arguably one of if not the best backlines on paper, yet have been performing as arguably the worst. If it's Troy Chaplin, then we should be having no hesitation to sack him. He stuffed up out offence last season, and is stuffing up our backline now. Get rid of him before he ruins this club.
Lastly, with what we paid for him in picks and in price, expectations are raised for player and club. So criticism will come fast and quick. And fair enough. We paid a bomb for him. He should be playing better.

By all reports Jake has good character. He will need it if his form continues as the criticism from fans, opposition players and media will keep coming until he starts to string some good games together. But hey, with what we paid for this guy, I expect him to not just be good. I fear for his mental state, not just his on field performance if things don't improve soon. If he is still playing this bad by mid season, there will be more than questions being asked. Let's see how Jake and the team respond.”

And this;

“Yeah, we rolled the dice with the odds in our favour, but the house always has the last laugh! I don't know, it didn't look like too much of a gamble on paper, but when you look at what we gave up, we should be getting a player who is a lock to at least hold his position in the best 22. Like I said, If his name was Oscar McDonald, he would have been banished to the VFL for the rest of the season. I've seen him live twice now, and he has picked off a few balls coming in, and done the occasional decent fist away, but unfortunately his errors have far outweighed the good things. Yes he is young and time is on his side to improve and gel with our back 6, but from what we have seen so far, the criticism is absolutely warranted at him, the coaches and the decision to pay a high price to draft him when on the verge of finals. He will be the most closely watched player next round and It will be fascinating to see how he responds against the best team in the AFL at the moment. I'd hate to think of what the media will do to him and us if we get smashed. Which is a definite possibility tbh..” end quote/

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. ahahahahaha.. ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!.... it’s fu*king hilarious!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back