List Mgmt. Lever Traded!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing about his game vs the Hawks was that he clearly was getting his hands on it but the butchery of the ball was really bad. It looked like when he looked up to kick there were no options. I think that his teammates up the field are letting him down a bit. In saying that I'm still indulging in a fair amount of schadenfreude.
Helps when you can handball to laird/smith.
Think he'll get there eventually but cant see him being any good this year.
Is no quick fix when ultra-confident/arrogant people have crisis of confidence and demons not got cattle to carry him through this time.

So apparently the Demon's captain has added more time for Jake to get up to speed. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-18/levers-start-with-dees-has-been-rocky

Nathan Jones' closing comments on him, "Judge him in another five, six or seven weeks when he starts to become the general down there and really understands how we work as a group,".

So between Goodwins round 8 comment, now potentially another 7 week cushion after round 4 could push him as far back as round 12 before the Demons should expect him to come good! 12 GAMES!!!!! At $800K/year and completely healthy you better be coming good before the freaken bye round champ!!

Can you imagine if Pykey said we could only expect a good game out of Gibbs by round 12? This place and Adelaide in general would melt the F down!
Too much time spent avoiding training camps and not enough time spent practicing in the preseason.

It's not bad, 3.2 million dollars for 88 games, or $36,363 per game.

Jakey earning $400k to take time to "really understand how we work as a group"
To be fair, if you include finals in his wage it works out to... $36,363 per game.

It’s almost a daily occurrence that he’s getting pummeled.

And now Jones is saying another 5-7 weeks which is 10-12 weeks, so they are already blowing out Goodys 8 weeks call.

It’s almost a daily occurrence that he’s getting pummeled.

And now Jones is saying another 5-7 weeks which is 10-12 weeks, so they are already blowing out Goodys 8 weeks call.
With Hibberd, Vince, Lewis & Lever .....that's a SLOW DEF unit

I think right now after 4 games we can safely call this trade a win for us, not whether Lever will get better or worse (Well cant get worse haha) but on the fact that if we had Lever in the team right now, would we be going better, that answer is NO, Doedee is performing as good and seemingly far better so far and well enough to say Lever wouldnt have given a lot more to our start, that alone is a win for us but then add in the fact we got the FOG because of this trade (In a way) and have their 1st next year, massive winners on this trade so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think right now after 4 games we can safely call this trade a win for us, not whether Lever will get better or worse (Well cant get worse haha) but on the fact that if we had Lever in the team right now, would we be going better, that answer is NO, Doedee is performing as good and seemingly far better so far and well enough to say Lever wouldnt have given a lot more to our start, that alone is a win for us but then add in the fact we got the FOG because of this trade (In a way) and have their 1st next year, massive winners on this trade so far.
It will be a bigger win if their ladder position is worse than last years and it leads to us getting a quality draftee.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otherwise... meh too easy to say stuff like that

And his drafting has little bearing on him showing himself to be a middling talent as a senior player
Oh I agree. Once you're on a list, you're all back at the start line again and need to prove yourself, no matter if you're a Pick 1 or Pick 91.

However, tall players who are middling talents typically don't make the AA squad in their 3rd season. Heck, even really good talents typically don't make the AA squad in their 3rd season, even those fortunate enough to play in teams where the structure suits their personal playstyle, allowing them to shine.

Chad Wingard managed to be AA twice in his first 4 seasons, which is bloody impressive. Wingard and Jeremy Cameron are the only 2 players I can think of in recent years that made the AA team in their first 3 seasons of AFL.

Whether Lever manages to come back from this remains to be seen. I suspect that he will, but the trouble he has is that, in order to justify his $800k/year salary he doesn't just need to play well. He needs to dominate games like Rance does. That's a much bigger ask than what he was asked to do at Adelaide.

I watch that video and think:

How s**t are Melbourne...

Lever is still gonna be a gun, he just needs to try and hit targets, he doesn't have the long get out options we have.

Why the * would to try to don't argue roughhead.......

Lever is still gonna be a gun, he just needs to try and hit targets, he doesn't have the long get out options we have.

Why the **** would to try to don't argue roughhead.......
Well.. In our defence he was able to take the easy option... Just like hartigan.. No need to make the risky kick when you have a shitty kick. He is constantly under pressure at mfc. His shitty disposal is really showing.

Well.. In our defence he was able to take the easy option... Just like hartigan.. No need to make the risky kick when you have a shitty kick. He is constantly under pressure at mfc. His shitty disposal is really showing.

I never thought his kicking was all that bad when he was playing for us. I mean he's no Tex Walker (who I reckon has an absolutely beautiful long kick on him) or Rory "90%" Laird, but I wouldn't have called it shitty. He was competent. I think the issue it Melbourne is that his confidence is shot - most player's disposal goes down the drain at that point.

I never thought his kicking was all that bad when he was playing for us. I mean he's no Tex Walker (who I reckon has an absolutely beautiful long kick on him) or Rory "90%" Laird, but I wouldn't have called it shitty. He was competent. I think the issue it Melbourne is that his confidence is shot - most player's disposal goes down the drain at that point.

With the kind of position he played for us, also he had the time and space to kick. ie. Under little to no pressure, so it amplified the thought he was a decent kick. However, for the Demons he is played as a KPD and doesnt have that luxury and so under the heat and pressure of a game his accuracy has been shot.

Why the **** would to try to don't argue roughhead.......
Yeah he will come good, it's not all his fault that Goody thinks he's a key defender. He's never been an overly good kick but he hasn't had to be, still doesn't really but he's trying too hard.

Funny to watch though

Would still have him back in a heartbeat. Hes still young. Its just when you get paid that much your always going to get scrutinized on every mistake.
Melbournes fault for paying him superstar wages. Not his.

Would still have him back in a heartbeat. Hes still young. Its just when you get paid that much your always going to get scrutinized on every mistake.
Melbournes fault for paying him superstar wages. Not his.

That would depend on the terms - from what I've seen so far, he's not even worth the dollars we offered him to stay, let alone what Melbourne offered him to go.

That would depend on the terms - from what I've seen so far, he's not even worth the dollars we offered him to stay, let alone what Melbourne offered him to go.
Yep, why take him back on big dollars when Doedee has slotted into the same role for a whole lot less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back