Toast Levi Buckets

Poseidon

Kreuzer Sonata
10k Posts Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2013 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2011 Player Sponsor
Oct 31, 2010
Wild Wild West
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Jeez he's an absolute unit. Always love seeing someone in a Blues jumper take contested grabs.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Jeez he's an absolute unit. Always love seeing someone in a Blues jumper take contested grabs.

Excites you doesn't it? Loved that big mark he took as he came across the pack in the defensive 50 in the 2nd or 3rd quarter I think. If he can produce that performance on a consistent basis he will be a star.

Cas was a highlight for me.
Should we have dropped him back to daniher when hendo was in trouble.

Cas in the backline using his marking ability without having to rely on kicking for goal.

I know he did this for gws but he could be that chf -chb swing when him or hendo are being beaten.

Waite cas and Mitchell in the forwsrd half should be great.

Summary is that alot of issues lost us the game but casbolt was not on of those issues.

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves; Meath GAA
Some of the marks he took I thought he had no chance of taking. Good to see him kick a goal too :thumbsu:

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Cas was a highlight for me.
Should we have dropped him back to daniher when hendo was in trouble.

Cas in the backline using his marking ability without having to rely on kicking for goal.

I know he did this for gws but he could be that chf -chb swing when him or hendo are being beaten.

Waite cas and Mitchell in the forwsrd half should be great.

Summary is that alot of issues lost us the game but casbolt was not on of those issues.
Henderson was on Carlisle late after being too good for Daniher. Should have gone with Jamison on Carlisle and kept Henderson on Daniher.

Not sure Mitchell is going to be the marking forward we desire in that sort of game. Reports say he can't get fly for marks, doesn't lead and do anything but wrestle ATM. Would rather see McCarthy developed as a swingman. Has great hands, good mobility and a 197 cm frame.

Alot to get excited about Casboult last night. Really pushed up the ground hard, presented really well and I what think is his best trait is that he's a one grab mark. Doesn't juggle them, and looks very comfortable taking marks with his hands out in front.

We did have a few positives last night, but he would have been close to the top of that list. Great game Levi!

:thumbsu:

bluebrew

Cancelled
Dec 15, 2006
Swan Valley WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton, Carlton and only CARLTON
Caz will be an elite Chf ,and his Kicking can be improved, depends all on the club and the coaching staff including the psycologist.

Aug 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Very impressed with Levi's game last night. All the hard work he's been putting in, is starting to pay off. He just needs to find the goal kicking action he had before he did his PCL the first time or close enough to it.
His contested marking is great to watch. Has no fear, just goes for the mark no matter who is in his way. He doesn't fumble about, he marks it on the first grab. Love the way he presented all around the ground.

Very positive signs from Levi :D

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
He will come good. Do people not remember how woeful and frustrating Tom Hawkins was?

Hawkins' kicking style is far far better, more natural, and it is now up to the coaching staff to get Levi to where he needs to be.

I have no doubt Levi will do the work required, it is incumbent on the people the club has charged to handle things like this to do their job. Don't let him down boys, he is a ripper and could be a champ.

I can actually breathe when I see him going for a mark, unlike a lot of our other players! Really like him rucking too. If he can just kick some goals, he'll be a bloody star.
He has played 10 or 11 games... give him some time... and a decent forwards coach who can help him with his ball drop, follow through and aiming.

Totally agree. Confidence builder playing slightly up. Those hands are exceptional.
Some guy sitting behind me was screaming Rock the Casboult for freakin 4 Qs! Who's fessing up?
Wasnt me... I'm in Dublin

...I wasn't having a go at him.
I know that :p I just love getting in the fact that Barker is not a forwards coaches chocolate starfish and the sooner we piss him off and get in someone who will work with some of the boys on their kicking instead of just standing there with the jumping pad on his back encouraging the boys to learn the wrong marking techniques (as well)... the better off the boys will be.

Someone in one of the other threads suggested that the only reason why we didnt get rid of him last year when we had the clean out was because we didnt want to pay out on too many long contracts and I believe that could be the reason... so expect him to be the first person out the door at the end of the year (hooray).

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
I know that :p I just love getting in the fact that Barker is not a forwards coaches chocolate starfish and the sooner we piss him off and get in someone who will work with some of the boys on their kicking instead of just standing there with the jumping pad on his back encouraging the boys to learn the wrong marking techniques (as well)... the better off the boys will be.

Someone in one of the other threads suggested that the only reason why we didnt get rid of him last year when we had the clean out was because we didnt want to pay out on too many long contracts and I believe that could be the reason... so expect him to be the first person out the door at the end of the year (hooray).

I think we're on the same page here then. I'm hoping Levi has a good goal kicking mentor who can really improve on his skills, because I think that would make him the total package. What Barker is coaching them to do is not working.

He will come good. Do people not remember how woeful and frustrating Tom Hawkins was?
I think that I mentioned somewhere that Hawkins along with Daisy used to be one of the whole AFL's whipping boys. He was shocking for a long while and then in 2012 it all just clicked for him and now... whoa.

I think we're on the same page here then. I'm hoping Levi has a good goal kicking mentor who can really improve on his skills, because I think that would make him the total package. What Barker is coaching them to do is not working.
All I ever see Barker doing at training in the pics (it's hard for me to get down to training from the UK/Ireland) is standing around while the boys take simulated pack marks over him. And even then I dont think that he is teaching them the proper technique. Just look at Hampson. He hardly ever takes a mark with his arms out in front of his head. They always seem to be stretched straight up over his head.

This sort of thing happens when you are jumping into a padded bag on someones shoulders. You tend up arching your back with your arms straight up (about 45-50 degrees from your body) and so when you get onto a lead and jump for the ball there is none of the contact with the bag that allows you to arch your back and so you go under the ball and your arms are over your head.

Levi is good because he already had a pretty good technique from his junior years and he takes pack marks naturally and hits them hard. Even on the lead, he still has his arms in front of him and takes the ball naturally in front of his head which makes it hard for someone to spoil.

The sooner Barker goes, the better as far as I am concerned. Get in someone like Stewie Lowe or Scotty Lucas to help our forwards with their kicking, leading and marking on the lead.

Nov 5, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There can be only 1
The sooner Barker goes, the better as far as I am concerned. Get in someone like Stewie Lowe or Scotty Lucas to help our forwards with their kicking, leading and marking on the lead.
How about David McKay? He knows how to take a mark. :) I totally agree with you Dram, we need to find the coach that completes Levi because if he does become a reliable kick for goals imo he will be better than buddy.

How about David McKay? He knows how to take a mark. :) I totally agree with you Dram, we need to find the coach that completes Levi because if he does become a reliable kick for goals imo he will be better than buddy.
I would prefer to have someone who is just a few years out of the game really... that way they can also show the boys how to lead by example... which is something that they are missing I think. Waite is ok... he knows how to lead properly, but the others only lead in straight lines really.

Back