Toast Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of players worse then Casboult today. He missed a set shot he shouldn’t have and costs us a goal with a terrible kick but there were definitely worse then him today. Sad but true.

Yes, he had a few bad moments during the game (wasn’t alone), but credit where it’s due, at least he kept trying when thrown down back after Liam went down and did some good defensive work.

This is just what happens with Levi, especially the position he is in at the club. We play well, and he'll get 5+ marks and a goal or two, everybody is happy with him as a role player. We play poorly, he as a depth option plays poorly like the rest of the team, and we call for his head. He's a confidence player casboult, always has been, so he will always have greater margins between his better and worse games. He didn't play well, but he certainly wasn't alone, and battled manfully imo. He's still ok levi

This is just what happens with Levi, especially the position he is in at the club. We play well, and he'll get 5+ marks and a goal or two, everybody is happy with him as a role player. We play poorly, he as a depth option plays poorly like the rest of the team, and we call for his head. He's a confidence player casboult, always has been, so he will always have greater margins between his better and worse games. He didn't play well, but he certainly wasn't alone, and battled manfully imo. He's still ok levi

Well he cost us a goal by kicking to the corridor with 2 minutes to go. Then went down and missed a sitter that an under 12 would have kicked.
9 years of this type of behavior. He is suppose to be a leader. Does not inspire any confidence.

Really is no point getting too high or too low on Levi circa 2019. At this stage he is what he is, a deeply-flawed role-player at AFL level who tries, has good days and bad, and has been a faithful and valuable servant of the Carlton Football Club. His strengths are great, his weaknesses glaring.

If (please god let it be when) we are a stronger team with a functioning forward line of younger more talented players, he probably doesn't make the cut. I think we can all admit we thought that would have occurred by now.

Levi recovered well after a couple of blunders and did some nice things defensively...we know what we get with him he's 50/50 at best with everything tries his heart out every game...I'm a fan....no he probably won't be there for our next premiership but plenty others won't be either:)

Well he cost us a goal by kicking to the corridor with 2 minutes to go. Then went down and missed a sitter that an under 12 would have kicked.
9 years of this type of behavior. He is suppose to be a leader. Does not inspire any confidence.

He is playing far better than the massively hyped Curnow. He works bloody hard and does actually managed to kick a goal or two.

My biggest knock on him is he is too nice, in a game where we are getting mauled we need some protection, we need someone to make the kids stand taller and know that someone has their backs. A bump, a crunching tackle something to make the opposition think twice for a change.
With his size and strength, no one in the comp should stand in front of him on a lead.
We need a Preuss or Mummy type player for protection at this stage of the rebuild.

Sorry. I was feeling the love with some of his earlier games, even before the Bullies, but that pinpoint pass was the final nail in the coffin for me.
We can't afford to have 100+ games of exp players doing that kind of thing. Moments later he shanked an easy shot from within 40m.
For team balance, he has to go.

My biggest knock on him is he is too nice, in a game where we are getting mauled we need some protection, we need someone to make the kids stand taller and know that someone has their backs. A bump, a crunching tackle something to make the opposition think twice for a change.
With his size and strength, no one in the comp should stand in front of him on a lead.
We need a Preuss or Mummy type player for protection at this stage of the rebuild.
you sure that's your biggest knock on Levi as a player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is frustrating. He is one of the strongest players in the league, with a great set of hands. He chokes in front of goal but isn't a bad field kick. Why can't he be Mumford lite? If he had more aggression he would be perfect for a team full of kids. Smash, bash, protect.

Sorry. I was feeling the love with some of his earlier games, even before the Bullies, but that pinpoint pass was the final nail in the coffin for me.
We can't afford to have 100+ games of exp players doing that kind of thing. Moments later he shanked an easy shot from within 40m.
For team balance, he has to go.
I totally agree. It was a critical time in the game and after those massive howlers things went from bad to farcical.

I'm just going to come out and say it... While Carlton are prepared to tolerate Casboult's error riddled games they will never be a good side. There just has to be a baseline level of competency that can be demonstrated before you pull on the jumper and that applies to any player that has had ample opportunities.

Every time he throws his weight around he gets penalised and everyone bags his lack of composure.

Who else in the history of the AFL has been punished for ‘attempting to throw the ball back too hard’ and suspended for an open handed push to his opponents chest?

Good luck looking

I totally agree. It was a critical time in the game and after those massive howlers things went from bad to farcical.

I'm just going to come out and say it... While Carlton are prepared to tolerate Casboult's error riddled games they will never be a good side. There just has to be a baseline level of competency that can be demonstrated before you pull on the jumper and that applies to any player that has had ample opportunities.

It has taken 12 years to find a single competent KPF to work with him.

Happy that he doesn’t play, as long as there are better options.

Don’t bag a player taken pick 44 in a rookie draft, for the incompetence of the rest of the club.

It has taken 12 years to find a single competent KPF to work with him.

Happy that he doesn’t play, as long as there are better options.

Don’t bag a player taken pick 44 in a rookie draft, for the incompetence of the rest of the club.
He's been a useful player in the absence of alternatives. It's time to move on.

Last edited:
Every time he throws his weight around he gets penalised and everyone bags his lack of composure.

Who else in the history of the AFL has been punished for ‘attempting to throw the ball back too hard’ and suspended for an open handed push to his opponents chest?

Good luck looking

I'd forgotten all about those incidents, unfortunately his name isn't Dangerfield, Ablett or Cotchin.

He's been a useful player in the absence of alternatives. It's time to move on.

Move on to what?

We're already hurting for bigs when Kreuzer doesn't play. Think about this carefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back