Toast Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

Most likely both Lobbe and Phillips will be delisted, so let’s just switch Liam to our rucking stocks from 2020 to help MK and the developing TDK. He was outstanding in this role in the VFL.

If MK is injured this year even I’d have Liam rucking way ahead of Lobbe and Phillips.

Was he? I don't recall that. I do recall watching one game where he got absolutely smashed in the ruck by his opposite.

While Jones may not be as tall as the other ruckmen, his leap is much better and he would be a mobile option around the ground.
This would enable us to continue with Levi in Defence and even rotate them (resting).
Thus we no longer upset the forward structure by having Harry in the ruck.

Levi won't get dropped. Kreuz needs backup. Jones will come back in. Has to.

Club will nearly certainly, subject to the rest of the season and injury, offer him another year. Up to him to accept or entertain offers from other clubs. Can only see 1 or maybe 2 other clubs that would be interested.

Sometimes its nice to have competition for spots. Looking forward to what the match committee decides next week.

If MK went down, you’d still prefer Lobbe and Phillips to ruck ahead of Liam? It’s a no brainer for me, Liam by a mile.

Liam has had 9 hit outs during his 5 years at Carlton.

Hell yes I'd prefer Phillips to ruck ahead of Liam.

I recall seeing him in multiple 2’s games when he was great in the ruck.

If MK went down, you’d still prefer Lobbe and Phillips to ruck ahead of Liam? It’s a no brainer for me, Liam by a mile.

100%. Was awesome. His best football

PS Lesson for when people discuss List Management. Imagine only a few years ago discussing both Jones & Casboult as possibly our best 2 big bodied defenders :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Levi for keeping himself relevant to the team and putting pressure on a spot in the starting 20. Has always given everything he has got, still has some good mitts on him.

Absolutely.

We all occasionally hang crap on him on game day for poor kicking, but bloody hell does he put in everything that he is capable of.

While Jones may not be as tall as the other ruckmen, his leap is much better and he would be a mobile option around the ground.
This would enable us to continue with Levi in Defence and even rotate them (resting).
Thus we no longer upset the forward structure by having Harry in the ruck.

I think the issue early on was his endurance. perhaps with his new found defensive role and under AR that has changed. If so it would be well worth using him as a ruck rover type. Assuming Levi can hold down his old spot effectively.

He's saved his AFL career by playing good footy. Any other player out there in the seconds sulking and playing ordinary because they think they are going to get delisted needs to learn something from this.

Go out there and do something about it, have a crack and play some good games.

Levi has gone from almost certainly to be delisted to definitely playing AFL football next year. He's probably gone from being delisted after his next average season to getting to retire on his own terms.

It's amazing how things can turn around so quickly simply by playing a bit of good footy and earning a place back in the team.

Would Casboult and Jones work together? Probably not with Weitering there as well. Jones, Weitering and Casboult are probably only capable of playing on the bigger blokes and Marchbank and Plowman may not have a great capacity to play small.

Good problems to have, good to have depth and with Goddard probably capable of playing AFL we have an excess of tall defenders all of a sudden.

Credit where credit is due. Saved his career himself by getting stuck in and playing good footy in the reserves and then following it up in the seniors.

Levi has surprised me with his performance playing in the back half this season & I salute him for making a good fist of it. One thing that hasn't changed though is that he still looks like an elderly person riddled with arthritis whenever he is trying to collect a ground ball. It is excruciating to watch.

Casboults been living with the risk of delisting for most of his career.
Maligned like few others and now playing some quality footy in a position at least 8 clubs are desperate to fill. He's durable and , now, dependable.

Free agent at the end of the year I hope he gets a excellent offer to join a contender and he can get some good cash behind him for his young family. Be nice if it was with us but I just want him to get the best outcome for himself.

Doesn't really owe us anything.

Casboults been living with the risk of delisting for most of his career.
Maligned like few others and now playing some quality footy in a position at least 8 clubs are desperate to fill. He's durable and , now, dependable.

Free agent at the end of the year I hope he gets a excellent offer to join a contender and he can get some good cash behind him for his young family. Be nice if it was with us but I just want him to get the best outcome for himself.

Doesn't really owe us anything.
Earlier in the week, the HUN had an article saying that Casboult has a trigger clause for next year in his current contract. He has to play most of the remaining games to trigger it.

Earlier in the week, the HUN had an article saying that Casboult has a trigger clause for next year in his current contract. He has to play most of the remaining games to trigger it.

Based on current form and added versatility, I reckon we should extend him whether he triggers it or not.
Has been one of our success stories for the year. Never would have expected it.:screamcat:

Levi’s reinvention of himself is a testament to his willingness. He and Jones both turning the corner just goes to show how immensely difficult it is / has been being a successful (or even somewhat successful) forward in our forward line over the last few years

Levi’s reinvention of himself is a testament to his willingness. He and Jones both turning the corner just goes to show how immensely difficult it is / has been being a successful (or even somewhat successful) forward in our forward line over the last few years
Which puts some perspective on the battle it must be for Charlie, Harry, McG & JSOS to consistently hit the scoreboard week in/week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back