Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Who would be interested?

Thinking possibly Geelong or Essendon, a r anyone else who would need a second forward.

Anyone heard who may be interested? I think we won't be trying very hard to make him stay (nor should we)

Haven't heard anything personally.

Cats could be interested, but at same time probably wouldn't try really hard to get him if that makes sense.

Perhaps Richmond or Essendon. Otherwise stay at Carlton.

woZL9TO.gif

what sort of dollars would he be on?
my feeling is that carlton will offer 2 years at just shy of what would get a band 3 offer (maybe $400k?). generally speaking it takes an extra year or extra $100k to get a player to move. so 3 years @ $500k required? averaging 1.7 goals a game this year and 8 hitouts a game as a relief ruckman in a team that doesn't get a lot of inside 50's. would prefer to keep him but any takers at that price?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind him if he's happy to come up to Sydney and spend the majority of the time in the NEAFL. Would be a decent back up option and could potentially take the load off Cameron and Patton if they need a rest late in the season.

dodged a bullet there then. to be fair stewart is a pretty low risk option. nothing ventured nothing gained.

Not even a bullet. He was super impressive against Geelong but has got a little lost the last two weeks. It's not ideal but it's hardly a long term concern right now given he's only 23 and just got to the club.

I wouldn't mind him if he's happy to come up to Sydney and spend the majority of the time in the NEAFL. Would be a decent back up option and could potentially take the load off Cameron and Patton if they need a rest late in the season.

Doubt he's going to leave Carlton for less money and less opportunity.

Most clubs would have him, at worst he's a very good depth player, also pretty handy relief ruckman and takes the a lot of marks off long "kick and hope" entry's inside 50 or long down the line kicks.

Not sure he'll get the big payday but solid for a club like us with skinny developing forwards or good insurance as depth for a finals side.

my feeling is that carlton will offer 2 years at just shy of what would get a band 3 offer (maybe $400k?). generally speaking it takes an extra year or extra $100k to get a player to move. so 3 years @ $500k required? averaging 1.7 goals a game this year and 8 hitouts a game as a relief ruckman in a team that doesn't get a lot of inside 50's. would prefer to keep him but any takers at that price?

In this type situation , Carlton will have a little win with the comp pick coming in IF he is paid enough. It will be interesting to see his market rate.

I'd say if he's offered enough for band 2 or 3 compo (pick 19 or 21ish) we'll let him walk.

I wouldn't mind him staying and playing out his career with us. He'll never be your 50-60 goal a year forward but he straightens us up and provides great protection for Curnow and SOS, and soon to be Mckay. He's even been a genuine hassle for 5-6 teams already this season and I could see him finishing the year with around 45 goals which is a good return in a bottom side.

Will be interesting to see what he decides should he get offers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back