Rumour Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

Could get Tippett a proven goalkicker for a little bit extra or can get Michael Close for half the price.
Casboult/Tippett would be handy now but should Soldo improve and Griff get on the park is there any need for an experienced KF taking up the salary cap? Really should be planning post-Riewoldt and that means hitting the draft.

$500k for a guy who is going to kick between 30 and 40 goals this year, making it his best year by far.

Has Vickery like numbers and most of us were happy to see him go.

We should be trying to get Patton away from gws..
Fwiw I think $500k is too much, and I'm not convinced he'd leave th blues anyway. What's going on with our football department? Let vickery walk, then chase an even worse option.. a bit like bringing in hampson then nank, neither is suited to playing as a forward, restricting th versatility of our list.
Seems like they're making it up on the fly, reacting to problems without much future planning

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is Sav included in the deal?

In all seriousness, his kicking has been pretty good this year. And he is probably the strongest mark in the league. Is $500k too much? Probably not a huge stretch.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

This screams of Blair Hartley: I understand the logic but the moneyball player choice falls flat

Need a tap ruckman - Bring in Hampson
Need a Marking CHF - Bring in Casboult

I know salary caps exist and building a list is highly competitive, but surely there are better options out there?!

Thats said he is a massive upgrade on Elton, and Griff is one concussion away from retirement so I don't mind him as a FA so long as wee use a first rounder to draft a tall forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drafted kid versus a grown mature experienced AFL player for short term cover in 2018/19. Hmm, let's think of the last KPF that came in and could do the job at AFL level - almost guaranteed. .... Nope, no idea beyond Jeremy Cameron.

Casboult is a short term fix for a problem hopefully young guys will fix over time. Well, over time we have to get new KPs anyway, cause people get older.

Casboult is a decent fit for our needs. Not awesome, but cheap and can do the job we want. If Griff was fit and we knew he would stay fit then no need. But given the concussion issue I reckon insurance is a good idea. We can afford $500k. And he will do the job.
Is anyone wildly happy? Probably not.

Agree, a short-term fix, but don't know about 'young guys hopefully fixing over time".
No one will convince me that Moore, Chol and Eton will solve this problem .... and that;s what we have.
Draft the best key forward tall and we'll see him starting to produce dividends in 2020.
That's why I was dead keen getting a key tall last draft or trade period.

500k is pretty much 420-430k with the additional cap space so I don't really care on the price but not a fan of taking more Carlton trash.

We all want a young key forward in the draft and provided we keep our two first rounders we should use one on a kpf.
Don't forget though guys, they aren't top 10 picks, so any kpp at that range could be speculative any way.
We need to bring in the best free or restricted free agent available. This rules out Tippet as we would have to trade for him (unless Sydney give him away to free up cap space).

Blues board suggesting we are prepared to trade Castagna for Casboult... LOL.
It may not be to Carlton but Castagna could very well be someone we'd consider trading. We have Rioli, Stengle, Bolton, Butler and Castagna that's a lot of small forwards and when we bring in a second tall, whether that be Casboult or whoever there won't be room on our list for all of them.

Would take him at 500k for sure, pretty much exactly what we need as others have stated

Huge mark, creates contests, good second ruckman, kicking has improved

Would be an astute pick up imo, especially when he would take nothing but cap space to acquire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back