Recommitted Levi Casboult [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is not good enough for a spearhead in a decent team.

At 28 years old if you want an A grader then we would be demanding a first round pick and then some. But obviously we are not and stop acting as though we are.

Surely you're better off convincing Pederson to come out of retirement then giving up anything of value for Casboult

I want Levi to stay to provide depth in case of injuries and form to Curnow and McKay. In terms of picks - they will need to offer him $350-400k to move from the Blues to be their back up player.

At 28 years old if you want an A grader then we would be demanding a first round pick and then some. But obviously we are not and stop acting as though we are.
That's true. But that said, I don't think he's worth anything - I mean, he got dropped to the VFL for the bottom side in the league.

He’s an elite pack mark, and gives a physical presence but is below average at so many things what you saw of him in 2017 is as good as you will ever see of him.

This year he had injury problems and from 2019 onwards it’s hard to see him being anything more than backup to Curnow and McKay (especially if we are getting McGovern also, as he would be another marking forward target).

If Hawthorn think they can pinch a flag next year he could potentially play the footy old Hale role, but even though he’s a better mark he’s a far less rounded footballer than Hale

If you watch Mason Cox you see how good coaches make roles for certain players because of the fact that they have a special talent in one area but need help and smart tactics training and coaching to bring out the exact thing that you need from them.
I said earlier just making reserves in the elite game is nearly impossible for most young men in Australia, Levi plays in the firsts most of the time, he is not a hack, he is a big strong good marking footballer, who with the right coach becomes much more, you got to look at that.
Haooend befroe it'll happen again, but as I also said I suspect the Blues may want to keep him, even if Bolts doesn't, but he'll learn!

Would have Levi Casboult in a second at Hawthorn, brilliant pack mark, big and strong needs to get his kicking up to 80 % then he is a huge get.

Under rated , maybe under coached!

Be nice if we could blend Shoey and Casboult. One can kick, run, is great uncontested but body on body is weak. The other can mark, can't kick for s**t and get lost in uncontested play.

Rule changes might actually really suit Casboult...contested marking likely becomes even more valuable.
Don't think Hawthorn will be one who is interested.
Isn't clearly better than the young forwards who they have exposed over the past couple of years (Lewis, O'Brien), so not worth the investment (cash or trade currency)

I want Levi to stay to provide depth in case of injuries and form to Curnow and McKay. In terms of picks - they will need to offer him $350-400k to move from the Blues to be their back up player.

The sooner Casboult leaves Carlton the better, he has nominal value to us with our focus now on playing McKay in tandem with Curnow.

The sooner Casboult leaves Carlton the better, he has nominal value to us with our focus now on playing McKay in tandem with Curnow.
And McGovern.
Building a good, versatile forward line. Both Curnow and McGovern can move further up the ground. McKay can relieve in the ruck. I know not all Carlton supporters agree, but I think McGovern is key. Unlocks the potential and versatility of the other two.
Now really need to find a small forward or 2 who can really impact, both on the scoreboard and defensively

And McGovern.
Building a good, versatile forward line. Both Curnow and McGovern can move further up the ground. McKay can relieve in the ruck. I know not all Carlton supporters agree, but I think McGovern is key. Unlocks the potential and versatility of the other two.
Now really need to find a small forward or 2 who can really impact, both on the scoreboard and defensively

Not as convinced about McGovern as you are but we won't fully know how he would work with the other two until such time as he gets traded to our club. Fair bit of action to take place in the trade arena though.

Not as convinced about McGovern as you are but we won't fully know how he would work with the other two until such time as he gets traded to our club. Fair bit of action to take place in the trade arena though.
I'm not suggesting McGovern is or will be a star, but I think the role he can potentially play will allow both McKay and Curnow to use their full array of talent.
When Curnow drifts into the middle (or just injects himself into the game as I hope they give him the freedom to do), or Mckay wanders into the ruck to relieve Kreuezer, McGovern can provide another genuine marking target forward of centre, while being agile and mobile enough to not be a liability elsewhere when each of them are positioned forward. Just a good fit in terms of the role he can play (if used correctly) IMO

Be nice if we could blend Shoey and Casboult. One can kick, run, is great uncontested but body on body is weak. The other can mark, can't kick for s**t and get lost in uncontested play.

Nah I think of the positives man, its the only way, maybe I'm stupid , but I see something in Casboult and it was quite a long time ago, he has got a potential that can be used , by the right people around him.

I would have thought that Bolts would have known how to deal and handle his development, but I think he needs a super thinker around him and some push to practice to get the best he can, out of his bad football traits, and help win matches with what he has already got,that is a heavy duty impact on packs and marking, his kicking is something that he has improved, but I would say it needs more, so he needs a push to do a Mark Jackson thing , and that is daily goal kicking practice after the rest have stopped, practice practice practice . He just had shots at goal.
People who laughed at the clowning of Jacko never understood how devoted he was to football, even though it led to other things for him in entertainment industry, when he played he could kick goals, like I said ,get into the firsts , AFL standard, and you do what very very few young blokes who play footy , ever do!
But I assume he may stay at Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back