Recommitted Levi Casboult [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Crack filler if we get him. Actually wouldn't be a bad idea though. The knock on Tim O'Brien is that he doesn't clunk his marks. Levi corrects that instantly. Play him across half forward to allow Gunston and Rough to play deeper when necessary. Tell him not to kick too often and look for the runners like Smith, Impey and Morrison coming past.
Within a couple of years hopefully we have landed our big forward or Mitchell Lewis continues his development at AFL level.
Take the punt now that Levi has a couple of good seasons and snags around 20 to 30 goals in the process.

Lynch, May, Hall, Martin, Scrimshaw out; Casboult, Horlin-Smith, Corbett, Miles, Lloyd in..... what a time to be alive as a suns supporter!

I remember when the Brisbane Bears were first born, each club had to give two (2) players. From memory Geelong gave them David O'Keeffe and Stephen Reynoldson.

Can really clunk a mark but doesn't do anything else.
I'd shake on a pick in the 50s or 60s faster than a rabbit gets f***ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some poor team is going to get suckered in thinking he will kick more goals in a good team.

Shame Hawthorn have no decent young talent on their list.

He straightens teams up on the wings taking marks, kicks 20-30 goals per year and can spend 30% of his time in the ruck and is decent at it. In terms of pack mark not many players in the competition are better. Downside his disposal but decision making is decent. Cant expect a player of his size to have alot of pace but is quickish for his size and mobility has improved but still slow.. he has been double teamed at Carlton for years. But we need Harry to play games as his upside is elite.

I like Levi, I'd like him in a Podsiadly role. A foil for Tom and a marking target down the line coming out of defence. Keep it simple.

On 2nd thoughts, Geelong really do need to bit the bullet and decide which direction they're going. Are they going to keep topping up because they think they're in the window and then eventually they'll fall off a cliff? Or rebuild properly with younger talent either through the draft or through trading.

I like Levi, I'd like him in a Podsiadly role. A foil for Tom and a marking target down the line coming out of defence. Keep it simple.

On 2nd thoughts, Geelong really do need to bit the bullet and decide which direction they're going. Are they going to keep topping up because they think they're in the window and then eventually they'll fall off a cliff? Or rebuild properly with younger talent either through the draft or through trading.

Geelong really could do worse.

Can have your cake and eat it too here. Get Casboult in for a nothing pick, he gives you 2 years service for a start, with Sav given next year to recover properly from his broken leg and 2020 to compete with Casboult for a start.

2021 you`ve got Sav ready to go and Casboult can either be VFL depth where he`d be decent enough or retire/delist material.

Looking at your picks I`d be very happy with 55 or 56.

You can add defensive mids (Scott Selwood back from injury, Dahlhaus FA), pressure forward (Rohan perhaps for pick 55), and extra dimensions to your forward line (Casboult pick 56, Cockatoo back ftom injury).

I`d say that adds depth and in the case of Dahlhaus genuine good player when at best to your weakest areas. We know Geelongs offensive mids and defenders are very good, Hawkins and Menzel just need a hand and the mids need a defensive side. Still gives you 11, 47, 52 for the draft, and gives Sav and a few others an extra year or 2 to develop. Casboult might not win you a flag but would 56? Who else would who you can get in the next 2 years?

I should be employed by Carlton in a marketing job...can sell anything...

I'd take Casboult. Buzza is useless so dropping him further down the pecking order improves our key forward/ruck depth. SOS loves his failed 1st round picks so we will give you Thurlow for him ;)

Prefer to Cas and pick for Murdoch

29 next season, did nothing at AFL or VFL this year and has been told to explore his options. Literally worth nothing. First team to offer a 5th rounder gets him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back