Rumour Levi Casboult

Should Casboult be a target?

• No way

• Not unless he’s basically free

• Yes, for cheap

• Definitely should make a strong play

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Pods in his last season for us, a job I could really see Casboult doing, is being that big target down the line, up on the wings when we're struggling to get it out of defence. Just clunk one of this big contested marks and smash the pack doing it (hopefully with opponents in it and not team mates).
Problem is he'll put it out on the full every ******* time.

Both as good a kicks at each other. Johnno used to be my favourite, could seriously take a mark.

If he could kick as well as he marked he would have been a 100 goal a season player.

There has never been a time where actual holding the ball in your forwardline after a insertion is as important as now in this era. One can hold it in with pressure.. but a Hawkins and WCoast showed the value of marking the bal. LC is tall enough to give him minutes in the ruck and would be a reasonable backup to a recovering and developing SavRat.

The one thing I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ... ohh we can not draft a tall because we recruited in Casboult

Last edited:
LC would be only in case of emergency, cheap ( like Geelong Bitter cheap) and like TC mentioned, a spare rather than the main. And that means getting another KPF profile to fit then do so.

GO Catters

Has there actually been anything linking us to casbault? I haven’t seen anything saying geelong are interested. Blues are keen to offload and hawks are interested.

After being at the GF, I see it like this - contested marking in the forward line critical, and Casbault could provide a chop our for rucks to not trail down deep, therefore giving us ruck flexibility (given we struggle to get one good one on the park, let alone 2). Also, if the starting positions come in next year, contested marking from centre clearances will be even more valuable, and more often one on one contests, which Casbault would dominate.
Lycett was great for the Eagles in the GF but could kick not at goal - butchered one straight in front (like Casbault),but that didn't matter, he was a key contributor.
Agree he can't be blocking us drafting a young KP player, but they take years to develop, and he could help now. So he may not be the worse option, all things considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get him,....we need some height in the forwardline otherwise we'll be mince meat against quality backlines again.
Marking talls always worry and stretch defences.
Gives us options and Hawkins support, probably the best thing the club can do to improve. Should've been done last year.

Cas has been a whipping boy for a long time but has some real AFL strengths. In a successful team, he could make a huge impact. Kicking far off the worse in the AFL and if he gets fit again, could be a force as that 2nd tall. Would cost very little (third rounder fair given the interest) and would look a far better player in a better performing side.

Casboult is an amazing mark, which is something we need down forward.

His value probably depends on how much his kicking has improved. I haven't watched Carlton for a while.
His kicking is still horrible. I'll shout you boys a beer at the cricketers arms next time we play at the G if you take him.
Would come cheap.

2 first rounders or no deal.. we will hold him to his contract. What a special player he is.. maybe might do it for dangerfield or selwood.. am i being serious.. i think not

Talking to my Carlton mates they say they'll GIVE the Cats a second rounder to take him off their hands... lol
We are gonna laugh so hard who ever gets him. His best attribute is his marking.. but when ya need him most he will go missing. And marks will slip through his fingers. Confidence player with no confidence... and only really showed one year out of many that he could be something. If blues get anything. Consider all blues supporters happy.

Mark handball... mark handball... mark handball. Get that into his head.. he might come bloody good. Even in the goal square. Mark... handball lol

The big question is do you guys think he would have played much footy if he was on your list in 2018 and do you think he'd play next season?

He's been a good servant for us but he's not getting a game because we are playing young players (Curnow, McKay) ahead of him and with McGovern Likely, he is not looking like playing any games for us. So this is as much about our rebuild going well and no longer needing an older player and doing the right thing by him in encouraging him to explore his opportunities.

Ideally he's a forward/ruck and that is how he plays his best footy.

I'm not sure about he and Hawkins together but The Eagles have proved that tall forward lines are still alive and well.

What is the feel that he's worth would be? I feel we will be looking for picks in the 2nd and 1st round. Probably someone like him with a pick though I feel we'd just let him go, especially if it was for a third round pick.

Talking to my Carlton mates they say they'll GIVE the Cats a second rounder to take him off their hands... lol
sounds like a good deal to me - they currently have picks 24 & 25 (received off other clubs), so I'll happily accept either of those

The big question is do you guys think he would have played much footy if he was on your list in 2018 and do you think he'd play next season?

He's been a good servant for us but he's not getting a game because we are playing young players (Curnow, McKay) ahead of him and with McGovern Likely, he is not looking like playing any games for us. So this is as much about our rebuild going well and no longer needing an older player and doing the right thing by him in encouraging him to explore his opportunities.

Ideally he's a forward/ruck and that is how he plays his best footy.

I'm not sure about he and Hawkins together but The Eagles have proved that tall forward lines are still alive and well.

What is the feel that he's worth would be? I feel we will be looking for picks in the 2nd and 1st round. Probably someone like him with a pick though I feel we'd just let him go, especially if it was for a third round pick.
No, he wouldn't have played many games in '18 for us, same as he didn't get games in your young oriented team. We actually had options already at the club that can kick goals & they didn't get games.

He shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Hawk, similar builds.. maybe. Kennedy is an athletic type of KF, Darling a more solid type, neither could be compared to Casboult though.

No thanks, good luck Levi.

Back