Rumour Levi Casboult

Should Casboult be a target?

• No way

• Not unless he’s basically free

• Yes, for cheap

• Definitely should make a strong play

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Because we have to get Casboult! Dammit man, he's from somewhere else!
That'd make 4 Carlton rejects which is 4 too many unless it's Cripps or Curnow.

Dangerfield is a midfielde not a key forward surely this tragic mistake won't be repeated.
Levi would bring aerial power we don't possess.
Worthy of a lousey spot.
We need someone who can mark a long bomb, nothing wrong with that if you have a marking tall.
Levi Casboult is a gift for our major deficiency we can't mark a high ball up forward.
We always have room for someone who can mark up forward and take 5 marks a game.
We don't need or want someone who takes 5 marks a game but who, apart from that, only gets the ball once a quarter.

We always have room for someone who can mark up forward and take 5 marks a game.
We don't need or want someone who takes 5 marks a game but who, apart from that, only gets the ball once a quarter.
Casbolt averages 5.1 marks and 9.6 disposals per game in a sh!tfull side like Carlton and Hawkins averages 5.6 marks and 12.2 disposals per game in a much better side so i don't see a problem?

This, and why is this thread still going.
The difference is noone wants Casboult as a best 22 player. Just on a low wage and a low pick so we don't burn out SavRat.
It's to actually help development not hinder it.
I'll admit, him wanting to come to our club just for this role would probably not happen.

Casbolt averages 5.1 marks and 9.6 disposals per game in a sh!tfull side like Carlton and Hawkins averages 5.6 marks and 12.2 disposals per game in a much better side so i don't see a problem?

And this ladies and gentleman, is why stats are overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are two different type of players but i do think Casbolt would show more in a better side especially with a foil like Hawkins near him, i do think they would compliment each other.

I completely disagree but that’s fair enough.

I was just pointing out that statistics can be very misleading.

Good hands, dreadful kick=flawed player. Big no from me

They are two different type of players but i do think Casbolt would show more in a better side especially with a foil like Hawkins near him, i do think they would compliment each other.
You only want us to waste time, space and money on Casboult because it will help to justify your forecast of doom and gloom for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only want us to waste time, space and money on Casboult because it will help to justify your forecast of doom and gloom for the club.
Forecast of doom and gLoom is because Scott is our coach, regardless whether Casbolt comes or not.

You tell me how you're mislead ?

I didn’t say I was mislead. I said statistics can be misleading. The above post implies that Casboult and Hawkins are comparable. On those figures, Hawkins averages 0.5 marks and 2.6 disposals per game more than Casboult. However Hawkins is one of the premier key forwards in the game and Casboult can’t get a game for the worst side in the league. They are not comparable despite those statistics saying otherwise.

I didn’t say I was mislead. I said statistics can be misleading. The above post implies that Casboult and Hawkins are comparable. On those figures, Hawkins averages 0.5 marks and 2.6 disposals per game more than Casboult. However Hawkins is one of the premier key forwards in the game and Casboult can’t get a game for the worst side in the league. They are not comparable despite those statistics saying otherwise.

Carlton are trying to go young that's why he's not playing but have a look at their results!
We can't play the same wish and hope forward setup with to many smalls again or its over before we start.
They don't kick enough goals regularly and it's all left to Hawkins Dangerfield etc.
I can see him lifting his 5.1 mark stats at Geelong and remember they're mostly pack marks high forward.
At the moment we are to one dimensional and only play from the ground.

Last edited:
Carlton are trying to go young that's why he's not playing but have a look at the result!
We can't play the same wish and hope forward setup with to many smalls again or its over before we start.
They don't kick enough goals regularly and it's all left to Hawkins.
I can see him lifting his 5.1 mark stats at Geelong and remember they're mostly pack marks high forward.
At the moment we are to one dimensional and only play from the ground.

I completely agree that our forward setup needs to change. I just don’t think Casboult is the answer.

I’m hoping we look at Bailey Williams and Sam Sturt in the draft. A mature body or two would complement them well.

I completely agree that our forward setup needs to change. I just don’t think Casboult is the answer.

I’m hoping we look at Bailey Williams and Sam Sturt in the draft. A mature body or two would complement them well.

We are in dire need and who knows how long Hawkins can keep this up for by himself.
Double teamed most every game yet somehow kicks the goals for us.
Unfortunately the same fool Hawkins knockers may have a field day next year and if he got injured it's a lost cause.
Good big guys win the games, why can't we see that?

Back