Levi Greenwood or Jack Ziebell?

Which Player Would you Take?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We all know Levi at the end of the 2014 season received an offer too good to refuse which was the catalyst for him leaving but it didn't matter how good his form was he was always deemed to be behind other fellow inside midfielders like Cunnington, Swallow and yes Jack Ziebell, and I'm sure his contract and lack of respect from Scotts at the time reflected that.

Our abundance of inside, contestent bash and crash types meant that we could effectively afford to let one go, but heres my hypothetical question: knowing what we know now about Ziebell and Greenwood, and lets just say Greenwood more or less maintained his 2013 and 2014 trajectory with us going forward would you rather we kept Levi and let Ziebell go? Or did we make the right decision in keeping Jack instead? Again I know this scenario I'm paining isn't the way it played out but that's why its purely hypothetical.

While neither player was blessed with pace Greenwood had more explosiveness from a stoppage with his clearance work especially off his first few steps. Both guys could roost the ball a long way but weren't exactly clean or smart with their disposal, but again I don't recall Pig throwing the ball on the boot and aimlessly hacking it forward nearly as much as JZ. Ziebell has the leadership aspect covered and was a couple of years younger, plus he had the versatility of going into the forward line and kicking goals, but then Greenwood could be used to good effect in a negating tagging role which wasn't Ziebell's specialty.

What do you think?

Back