Recommitted Levi Greenwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys gave up pick 25 for greenwood? Haha yuck :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
25 was part of the Beams deal. We got 5, 25 and Jack Crisp. We thought we needed a mature body to replace Beams in the guts, and Greenwood was coming off his career best season.

He's been ok, but it hasn't panned out as a great move. In part because Crisp has far surpassed all expectations when he was chucked in as steak knives and has been at least as good as Levi.

When we then drafted De Goey with pick 5, who is also pretty similar to Greenwood as a big bodied mid, suddenly we ended up with an over supply of similar midfield types.

Given this, and that we have Greenwood on above average coin (400k from memory) I'd be happy to trade him if a decent price was offered.

But if it's a late 3rd, or 4th, would prefer to keep him as depth. He's good depth and with inevitable injuries would play plenty of AFL games for us next year.

Poor old Levi did his nuts on property acquisition in the USA, I mean really?

He wanted North to pull him out of the s**t due to his own poor judgement. In saying that I can't believe the Pies want to move him on after one year, the silly bugger can't take a trick.

I can't see anyone wanting him for the coin he's on at the Pies, I sometimes wish my club would go for it and every time we don't I need to remember Levi.

Sorry I shouldn't , but I think this is very *en funny.

Poor old Levi did his nuts on property acquisition in the USA, I mean really?

He wanted North to pull him out of the s**t due to his own poor judgement. In saying that I can't believe the Pies want to move him on after one year, the silly bugger can't take a trick.

I can't see anyone wanting him for the coin he's on at the Pies, I sometimes wish my club would go for it and every time we don't I need to remember Levi.

Sorry I shouldn't , but I think this is very ****en funny.

I haven't heard those rumors but I knew the family personally as a kid. Levi is several years younger than me, he had to rely on other people in our (very small) town to even get to under 8 & 15 games, poor guy has a drop-kick, drug fueled family. When I still lived there (Levi wasn't a teen when I left) he would struggle for shoes to go to school in - footy boots were hand-downs. If he F#@ked up financially, it wouldn't surprise me, knowing he wouldn't have had any role models & prob more than a few leaches.

The fact he pulled himself up, almost alone, from where he came from, is a massive testament to himself and his character. I have very little doubt that he will give everything he has to anyone that picks him up. I'd have no issue with my club taking him - solid player.

*I'm not mates with Levi, he is unlikely to know my name - I have zero personal contact with him. I know the family, not Levi.

Yet he hardly shuts anyone down though
Because he's not a tagger, just an inside Mitch Robinson type. He always sucked as a tagger at north, in 2014 he was primarily an inside mid rotating through half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got him at pick 25 because he had come off a career best season. Would be worth pick 40 at best now. More realistically something in the late 40s/early 50s
40 would be a good outcome for us, i'm stating to think he's a bit of a ********, North wanted him out after placing in their BaF and now we want him gone, his form hasn't been bad with us, still a best 22 player IMO.

Looks like a change in thinking at Collingwood, we're getting rid of everyone who can't kick, expect another 20 players on the market.

Yeah pick 40-50 is probably enough.

He's an almost identical player as Mitch Robinson in terms of playstyle.

This means that he's almost incompetent at another role.

We recruited him to be that defensive midfielder around the contest, but we really haven't given him enough of an opportunity, and i can imagine him being unhappy about it.

Crisp is younger, more athletic, more versatile than Greenwood who can play the tagging role when necessary, or play as an inside midfielder/winger. So Greenwood really doesn't have a spot. Even Mayne is recruited to take that defensive forward role where Greenwood had shown some promise at late this season.

Whoever recruits him for pick 40-50 will find it to be a good bargain.

You can probably exxpect 18-22 touches a game 3-5 clearances 6-8 tackles while keeping his opponent to less than 25 disposals from him. He's a very good defensive midfielder when given opportunity.

We recruited him to be that defensive midfielder around the contest, but we really haven't given him enough of an opportunity, and i can imagine him being unhappy about it.

Crisp is younger, more athletic, more versatile than Greenwood who can play the tagging role when necessary, or play as an inside midfielder/winger. So Greenwood really doesn't have a spot. Even Mayne is recruited to take that defensive forward role where Greenwood had shown some promise at late this season.

You can probably exxpect 18-22 touches a game 3-5 clearances 6-8 tackles while keeping his opponent to less than 25 disposals from him. He's a very good defensive midfielder when given opportunity.
The problem is the size of his contract, if we're to get a decent pick for him we'll have to pay part of it IMO.

Honestly don't mind the sound of that. Have watched him play a fair bit this season (you guys are on FTA a lot btw).

Would like him here. Pick 48 would be good for it to happen.

Surprised that he was getting tossed around. Who was the last player traded to their third club just 2 years after their second club?
Justin Murphy

1996 - 2000 played at the Blues
2001 traded to the Cats - played 18 games
2002 - 2003 traded to the Blues - played 36 games
2004 - Traded to essednon

3 clubs in 4 years or 4 clubs in 5 years.

Wish we were using Greenwood as a defensive forward instead of having Mayne for 4 years. Average midfielder, but tackles like a beast and despite his atrocious field kicking he somehow turns in to plugger when kicking for goal. I reckon he'd do well in that role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back