Scape Goat Levi should go back to the future...

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't imagine with Casboults ball drop that he'd be better with a drop kick, I think he'd be worse.

As soon as someone from Carlton started using a place kick in the AFL the rules committee would get rid of it, that's my feel.

Casboult is a ruckman who can take a mark who is being used inappropriately as a forward. Train him to go into the midfield and ruck him, take off some weight and get him running. Hell, this might even make him a better shot at goal and half decent center half forward because he can't run hard enough to be a decent center half forward in my opinion.

EFA

We shouldn't spend too much time worrying about Levi's ball drop or kicking technique.

It'll be another club's issue this time next year.

Levi is on his last chance.

He was a stay at home full forward in 2016 and kicked 19 goals from over 20 matches. That's nowhere near good enough.

I am like the everyone else; I get seduced by what he can do. It takes my breath away when he soars for a mark, crashes the pack and pulls down a big mark. The issue is that he does this inconsistently and that he is still a very poor kick for goal. His mobility is extremely poor and he is next to useless when the ball hits the ground; when was the last time you saw him pick up a ball from the deck, or lay a big tackle?

If levi wants to make it he has to get to more contests, and take more marks. This is the one thing he is elite at. He has to continue to work extra hard on his weaknesses and want to impose himself physically. For such a beast he doesn't hurt enough opposition players

We cannot afford to have two lumbering players (Levi & Kruez/Phillips) who kick less than a goal a game and provide no forward pressure when the ball hits the ground.

I want it to click for Levi, but fear it will not.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back