Analysis Lewis Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your valuable contribution. I'd like to see Sewell or Hodge up against him in a sprint though. Or cyril...

Straight out sprint ... I'd agree, Jetta would smoke him.
.... In saying that .. they are completely different athletes ... power vs. speed ... two totally different training regimes.

Straight out sprint ... I'd agree, Jetta would smoke him.
.... In saying that .. they are completely different athletes ... power vs. speed ... two totally different training regimes.
Yeah I know mate. Was a bit tongue in cheek. No two players are identical, even more so when comparing an outside speedster with a hard nosed ball getter.

Warning to Hawks fans, show some respect to where you are.

bedford, opposition posters are welcome to post here - something we don't HAVE to keep reminding you of

Do you really have to be so aggressive towards every non Swans supporter that comes onto the board? A bit of banter or discussion with opposition supporters on this board is fine.

No stress pal ... thanks for looking after us, the banter has been fair & above the belt ... no compliants here.

Hi All,

Interesting read on Jetta. Can someone let me know why he has changed position. He has rocketed from nothing to 45 goals a year and back to 10 and 14 the last 2 years. Does he mainly play off the wing still?

Even though this is a Lewis Jetta thread it has, for obvious reasons, turned towards the GF quite a bit. On the GF, from the other side of the perspective, I think melbournehammer has seen it the way I see it. I think we were hungrier and the history of recent results says that Clarko and Co seem to have Longmire and the Swans worked out. 2012 is obviously the exception to that, but like a few of you guys have said that day took a very special, and not easily replicated, effort. If I was a Swans fan I would be hoping the coaches box were looking at what happens against the Hawks. Much like I was when we couldn't get over the top of the Cats for the best part of 6 years.
When something becomes a long running pattern between clubs, it starts to rest more on the brains trust upstairs to change the result.
Anyway, i am sure you guys will be up there again this year. You didn't finish top of the table for no reason.

In a nutshell I think since he was injured in 2013 he's either lost some of his pace, or is afraid to use it. Either way, I'm not sure we'll see the same output from him that we saw in 2012, 45 goals in that season was a phenomenal effort and, as you say, not easily replicated. Next year is a big one for him.

I think most of us recognised that after winning 2012 we would have to continue to improve to win another flag. I thought we would get there this year but we won't beat Hawthorn until things change.

Jetta cops a raw deal imo. Yes he is not as flashy as 2012, however i thought his year this year was pretty good. He is our best user of the footy and was very good in congestion. We just need to gey his confidence up again

With Jetta we also have changed the gamestyle since Tippett and Buddy got here as well and don't rely on mids kicking lots of goals.

2013 was definitely a wipe out injury wise anyway.

I think the first sentence here is absolutely correct. In 2012 we relied on bringing a lot of players up to the ball and beating them back to our goals. It was noticeable that in the games where the other team played their spare defender behind the last pair of players that we struggled to kick goals but where the last defender was designed to intercept marks (ie between the ball and the last pair) we could get over the back.

Now with tippett playing out of the goal square and buddy being given as much room to play in f50 isolated and goodes being unable to run up and back we are stuck with three (broadly speaking) stay at home forwards. There is simply nowhere for jetta to run to - so they are playing to his next strength which is his kicking - and tbh when he mcveigh and buddy are the only three players who i believe could consistently kick to the advantage of the forward we need his kicking badly.

as for 2013 all i know is that we didnt win the flag. i am not sure that even with our best 22 fit and on the park we would have knocked freo off at freo. they were awesome that night.

but that game and the gf subsequently both show the same thing. if we dont win the ball in the centre we are a very ordinary team. our ability to hit targets to keep possession is really poor - hawthorn might win the ball in their back half and then will keep it for six passes. we win it and because we have a long kick game style but dont really have truly dominant forwards or a meaningful small forward the ball hits the deck and we dont have anyone near the contest - they have all been sucked back into our defence. unless we force a contest on the wing through a boundary throw or a ball up, it comes back very quickly.

i have a lot of bad memories about those games.

Jetta cops a raw deal imo. Yes he is not as flashy as 2012, however i thought his year this year was pretty good. He is our best user of the footy and was very good in congestion. We just need to gey his confidence up again
No he doesn't he was shithouse most of the year and don't trust CD stats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back