Lewis On Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Either nothing, or careless, low, high = 1500 fine. Cannot be anything else.

Stupid thing to do, something I hate, but no capacity for suspension, even with the media jumping on it already.
I thought that too with Hawkins... But I don't want to see him go. Sets a very stupid precedent.

If he landed that flush it would have been a week.

In normal speed it actually looks worse than when in slow motion.

Early in the year it would likely get a week.

But it's Hawthorn a week before finals so a fine only. We all know that is how this will pan out.
It is a sad inditement on the Mark Evans controlled MRP that everyone knows that the Hawks can do what they like when on the field and the MRP will spin a a way for them to get off.
  • Pushing Motion Not Striking
  • Not a bumping Motion when bumping to the head
  • Bracing for Contact not kneeing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the "Games gone soft if he gets rubbed out" brigade - what's soft and cowardly is punching someone knowing they can't punch you back. The AFL should have a zero tolerance on punches that connect with the head, just as society should. You can play the game tough by going in hard at the ball, going backwards with the flight, tackling hard etc. All it takes is a little clip on the chin to potentially knock someone out.

I don't care about the force. If you intentionally punch someone in the face you shouldn't get off scot free.

To the "Games gone soft if he gets rubbed out" brigade - what's soft and cowardly is punching someone knowing they can't punch you back. The AFL should have a zero tolerance on punches that connect with the head, just as society should. You can play the game tough by going in hard at the ball, going backwards with the flight, tackling hard etc. All it takes is a little clip on the chin to potentially knock someone out.

I don't care about the force. If you intentionally punch someone in the face you shouldn't get off scot free.

Could not agree any more strongly. This was worse than the Goldstein spoil i that it was completely unnecessary and has nothing to do with football.

That said, Lewis has consistently been hard done by the tribunal, he 'deserves' fair treatment for once.

Could not agree any more strongly. This was worse than the Goldstein spoil i that it was completely unnecessary and has nothing to do with football.

That said, Lewis has consistently been hard done by the tribunal, he 'deserves' fair treatment for once.

Yeah, 'cause the tribunal are big bad meanies that only come after players that have done nothing wrong.

Bingo. A punch is a punch. Have to rub it out the game so you have to suspend the cowards that throw them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back