Delisted Lewis Pierce

Remove this Banner Ad

Big fella named in the Sandy best four weeks in a row.

Will be nice to see him in a Saints jumper. Here's hoping.

13418505_10153924533373183_604563448237677524_o.jpg
-PAXP-deijE.gif

Lewi has been continuing to push his case in the VFL without being outstanding. Was an emergency again in the period after his debut. Seems to be out shining Longer and Holmes for now.

Lewis Pierce – 42 hitouts, 11 tackles and eight possessions

“He won a lot of hitouts and tried to impact the game with his follow up work and tackle pressure – 11 tackles from a ruckman is super. Although he didn’t quite have the same level of influence around the ground.”

As Lewy's advocate I have to say I was really impressed with him against Richmond in the VFL a few weeks back. He is developing well and could well turn into a decent AFL ruckman.

As Lewy's advocate I have to say I was really impressed with him against Richmond in the VFL a few weeks back. He is developing well and could well turn into a decent AFL ruckman.

Do you think he's improving enough, i haven't seen him this year so hoping he is getting better. Would you pick him over Holmes or is he still too young to know because ruckmen usually take ages to mature.

Sent via HAL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think he's improving enough, i haven't seen him this year so hoping he is getting better. Would you pick him over Holmes or is he still too young to know because ruckmen usually take ages to mature.

Sent via HAL

He is certainly ahead of Holmes in my opinion. He gets around the ground a bit, takes grabs and gets involved in play, certainly can hold his own in taps. It will be very interesting to see where he's at in 2 years.

Lewis has been de-listed yeah? But we'll be re-signing him as a rookie.

Not looking good at this stage for Lew... needs a huge 2018.

St Kilda honoured its word on Monday afternoon by selecting young ruckman Lewis Pierce in the Rookie Draft.

The Saints delisted the 23-year-old last month with the intention of picking him up as a rookie to open up another spot on their senior list.

After breaking through for an AFL debut midway through 2016, Pierce fell down the ruck queue this season behind Billy Longer and Tom Hickey.

The Dandenong Stingrays product played 11 games for Sandringham in the VFL in 2017.

The Saints have made an arrangement with the Afl and VFL to allow Lewis Pierce to play for Frankston this season even though we are aligned with Sandy. This is because with both Hickey and Marshall both playing for Sandy at the moment and no more development league the changes are that Pierce wouldn’t be able to play at all . As far as I know he is the only player to get this exception.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I heard on SEN radio that Lewis has been showing some promise during the preseason . He really needs to start showing a bit with his contract up at the end of this year. He has a chance now he will be playing every week in the ruck for Frankston . I think his career stalled because he was spending too many games in the development league or in the forward line . Now he will get to play against proper ruckmen every game.

Still looking forward to this season.

Lewis gets his first chance to shine playing for Frankston this Friday in a practice match against Casy Scorpions at Casy Field. A lot of people have written Lewis off already but I prepared to wait until after he plays this season . He’s still young enough so hopefully he can get his career back on track .

I’m not sure how it works with him playing for Frankston . If we have injuries to our ruckmen does he then get called up for Sandy ?

Go Sainters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back