News Lewis Taylor charged over crime spree (and stealing a seatbelt buckle)

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Considering he has this over his head for the last 13 months he did alright last year.

But there are definitely double standards applied to sporting stars, if I was under that scrutiny I would of been in the papers many, many times in my late teens, early 20's and we didnt have smart phones back then! (Not that I destroyed anybodies property because that is a pet hate of mine.)

13Beast

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2011
Yokohama
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
D*ckhead act by someone I would've expected more from. Still he's only 20, got a bit of growing up to do. Hopefully he'll learn from it. Everybody deserves a second chance.

Doctor Bombay

Senior List
Oct 22, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Yes a must for every serious Donner Kebab throwing member here! I have noticed though, that the "Sour Cream Culture" are sneakly growing in numbers! Easy to spot though, as everything is seen as bitter..They are closely followed by the "Kombucha Crew" that have things down to a tea..and then we have the Quark Mob, nobody really understands what they're on about at all.. but we'll put up with them as they're always good for a source (sauce).The truth of this culture, being from Germany, Russian or in fact, just plain out Northern Europe backgrounds, they are extremely put out as they are not being included into the "Ayran culture".....Much to my hummus.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Free Lewy! Free Lewy! Free Lewy!

image.png

Crimso

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2002
Maleny
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Haven't bothered with reading the first 8 1/2 pages, but I take it that Squizzy may have done done something bad?

blackers

All Australian
Jan 4, 2002
Kowloon Tong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Denver Broncos, Liverpool
So where does this rank compared to:
(a) snapchat of self snorting coke;
(b) running red light and refusing breath test;
(c) microwaving pie until its really hot then giving it to Browny?

We've got a way to go to match the Americans. In the NFL, you're liable to find your team's star player has been arrested for organising dog fights, beating his wife or first degree murder.

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So where does this rank compared to:
(a) snapchat of self snorting coke;
(b) running red light and refusing breath test;
(c) microwaving pie until its really hot then giving it to Browny?

We've got a way to go to match the Americans. In the NFL, you're liable to find your team's star player has been arrested for organising dog fights, beating his wife or first degree murder.
ah perspective, forgotten or missed by so many on this thread. I would suggest somewhere between B and C, but definitely closer to B than C. The remarkable thing about the Yanks example you raise is despite being sacked by one club for an appalling crime, a player will immediately be picked up by another on a larger contract having 'learned his lesson'

While damahing property certainly is a serious matter im sirr hes received his punishment and has learnt a lot from this. Some people are being utterly ridiculous in their condemnation though.

At least he didn't endanger other peoples lives like all round good bloke Luke Hodge

Hope he's made to pay for every cent of damage done. Not everyone is made of money and can afford to fix their possessions after morons decide to destroy them.

What a little idiot. Hope his senior teammates had a chat to him to impress that s**t like that is NOT on.
That is 100% exactly right! There are people in our community who are really struggling. People who have to make real choices about what bills they can and can't afford to pay and what they will have to go without to get by. A smashed windscreen for a family who is struggling to get by can be a disaster. Kids to get to school, work to get to etc etc etc. Taylor has behaved like a complete flog. I hope he made good for the destruction to each person who had their property damaged.

images

We need less of this at the Brisbane Lions.

Last edited:

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
...the above young man, against all odds, has turned his life right around.

..and there wasn't a "each person" apparently......just some wrecking yard somewhere. Cars already wrecked, Lewie just made them a tad worse.

He wasn't going around smashing up cars in the streets wily nily..

Well, that is the story anyhow, no-one seems to know anything other than what we've been told.

Last edited:
Back