Past Lewis Taylor - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

MvfWMjOy.jpg

Lewis Taylor

Player Profile

A three-way trade with the Brisbane Lions and Carlton enabled the Sydney Swans to land Lewis Taylor during the 2019 Telstra AFL period. What the deal secured was a young, speedy, stocky small forward who had booted 88 goals in 112 AFL games in Brisbane colours. The Lions recruited Taylor from the Geelong Falcons with pick 28 at the 2013 AFL Draft and he fired from the get-go, playing all 22 senior games en route to claiming the 2014 AFL Rising Star award. The new Swan is expected to contend with names like Ben Ronke, Sam Gray and Sam Wicks for a spot in Sydney’s forward line in 2020, although coach John Longmire could instead use him on a wing.

Lewis Taylor

DOB:17 February 1995
DEBUT:2015
DRAFT:2019
RECRUITED FROM: Brisbane Lions

Last edited:

There’s a spot there

No reason he wouldn’t imo
Jack and Macca retired, no Jones to come back in, he's better than any of the guys he's competing with i.e. clarke, Fox, Ronke

Walks into our best 22

Geez it isn’t hard with the current list

Admittedly I think Taylor would walk into most teams in the league with the exception of Brisbane and maybe Richmond.

Fast, can find the ball as well as uses it very nicely. Think his going to be very important to our team.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Jack and Macca retired, no Jones to come back in, he's better than any of the guys he's competing with i.e. clarke, Fox, Ronke
Id imagine that the club told him that based on his 2019 form he'd be in our best 22 in 2020. I think we'll play him in the midfield or midfield/forward. He has the speed and evasive skills that we need for that position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sensing you're a title stressed Punts. Don't worry, we'll get JD next year and it'll be for free 😉 .

Totally agree.

Now please remove that skid mark from your avatar.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Bombers sort of club that would match

I reckon family members will get involved and get him to sign on

Never be a swan imo

Don't stress. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.
If he wanted out of Melbourne two months ago, with all the extra attention he'll get from the sick Vic media & the nutjob Essengloom supporters, he'll be out of the place for sure after this season. Like I said before, this was always about getting him in 2021 as FA. Should he change his mind & sign another extension, well he wasn't our player in the first place.
If we gave Collingwood Heeney & Blakey next year, they'd allow Grundy free passage to our club if we enticed him with a 7 year $1.2M offer.
Does that mean we should do such a deal?
As a supporter I would hope not. We are in a good place Punts.

Oh well mate.
I can't help you if you really want to see the negative out of every move we make.
So you may be right.
If you are right it will bother you more than me.

Not seeing negative or positive just responding to your reasoning

Think we have seen contracts don’t mean much these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back