Traded Lewis Taylor [traded to Sydney for #48]

Remove this Banner Ad

notbad.jpg

Lewy can rest in the F50 as a small forward in short bursts(does not apply enough pressure for that to be his permanent role) but his primary role is as a gut running winger who works his backside off to provide options out of our D50 and has pretty good disposal.

I would prefer to keep him than move him on for a speculative very late 2nd round draft pick at best, we had a magnificent run with injury this year, without that Lewy would have been one of the first ones called in to the seniors.
Agreed. The problem for Lewy was he signed a particularly good deal in the Leppa years. I tend to think it's a case of Lewy being on too much money for a back up player & the salary cap space was required. Realistically, to keep Lewy, Noble & Fagan would have had to convince him to take a sizable pay cut with the prospect of playing mainly NEAFL. Not a good career move for the little fella. It would be very interesting to see how much his new contract with the Swans is worth. I think he was on about $450K with us.

This guy is in terrible shape, never should have been the rising star over Bont but wow he has fallen off.
His first season was as good as Bontempellis first season.

Even statistically they were very similar. The thing that got him over the line was the fact he played all 22 games as opposed to Bonts 16

To say he shouldn't have won the Rising Star over Bontempelli is just plain wrong. People like to make out like it was a robbery which it most defiantly wasn't

Since that first year there is no comparison between the two however the Rising star is based on that one years worth of football and projection of growth doesn't come into play

His first season was as good as Bontempellis first season.

Even statistically they were very similar. The thing that got him over the line was the fact he played all 22 games as opposed to Bonts 16

To say he shouldn't have won the Rising Star over Bontempelli is just plain wrong. People like to make out like it was a robbery which it most defiantly wasn't

Since that first year there is no comparison between the two however the Rising star is based on that one years worth of football and projection of growth doesn't come into play

People just get confused because the award is called the rising star, and it was very clear which one of them was a rising star. And then the news about david king having money on taylor and doing segments on 360 talking him up over bont, just riled people up, especially doggies supporters. But it's quite a meaningless award anyway, a lot of players that win it don't even go close to being the best of the players nominated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People just get confused because the award is called the rising star, and it was very clear which one of them was a rising star. And then the news about david king having money on taylor and doing segments on 360 talking him up over bont, just riled people up, especially doggies supporters. But it's quite a meaningless award anyway, a lot of players that win it don't even go close to being the best of the players nominated.
Yeah I think people forget the award is judged on that one years body of work as a whole not a projection of how the player(s) will progress long term.

From memory Bont was always seen as the better long term prospect but the thing that Taylor had in his advantage was that he played all 22 games a consistent level whereas Bont played 14-16 odd games I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back