Traded Lewis Taylor [traded to Sydney for #48]

Remove this Banner Ad

Who? What?

It's a crack at whoever posted above me that doesn't understand what irony is.

Didn't think it was that high brow.

All good, couldn’t be bothered going back over the thread. Normally when anyone refers to 95-96 it’s usually a dig at the Roys or bears. No probs mate carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good pickup if true. Happy.
We turned a rookie listed plumber into a 40+g/season goal sneak, so I'll back our guys to get a NAB rising star up to speed.

They need to look the part, be a little aggravating, chunky, and a punchable looking head.
Looks the goods :thumbsu:

I think we also sort of wanted him to become the eventual replacement for Zorko but he hasnt quite shown the same attributes.

That's not to say he cant be a similar player if he gets some consistency.

Zorko is an inside beast. Has played 8 seasons and registered 100+ tackles 7 times. The last 3 years he's gone 113, 99 and 98 clearances. He's always around the top couple for clearances and it's been years since he wasn't #1 for tackles despite racking up inside 50s for fun and being a goal a game player. He's a star.

Taylor has career averages of 2 tackles and 1 clearance per game. That's Brad Hill territory. Except he gets less of the ball, kicks it less and puts it inside 50 less. I don't see him having that much in common with Zorko. He was handy for a couple of years but really I think Berry and McLuggage have come along and are just better players in similar roles. With Neale and Lyons coming in and doing a lot of the grunt work it frees up the other mids. Even Mitch Robinson who was pigeonholed as a bit of a defensive role player had a pretty attacking season.

Disagree with that. Yes he's very agile and has good acceleration, but I think close to half our list would keep up with him im a foot race.
Story from the Courier-Mail mail describing his footspeed is one of our chief weapons.

Oficial Lions player profile describes him as "powerful, quick and skilful"

Direct quotes from all the major BF draft watchers in his year:

Knightmare: "crazy explosive pace"

Quigley "He has excellent speed"

Footy Tragic "His speed is really electric"

Snoop Dog "Has all the tools, agility, lateral movement speed"

Offsider "Taylor is quick, but not elite, he is excellent not only over the first 5m but seems to have the ability to sustain this pace"

Highlights video with several clips of him breaking lines and speeding through traffic and running away from chasers including "Look at him go" commentary from Dennis Cometti and "Using his pace" from Alister Lynch.

That's the result of a five-minute Google search; I can probably find lots more.

Reportedly agreed to a 3 year deal with the Swans, just have to wait for what will be handed over to the Lions
Five games this year, stuck in NEAFL, those type of players go for a pick in the 50s or a pick upgrade of a few places. Surprised we are offering three years though, we would have seen him close up 3 or 4 times this year in the NEAFL clashes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back