No Oppo Supporters Lewis traded to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not as likeable maybe, and there has been a collective sense that he might be fading. But in terms of service to the club he's 100% up there with both of them. I'll be really sad if he goes, but actually in this case the 'meh' factor is bc the club stuffed him around so we're really just watching our just desserts getting served.

Don't think anyone would boo or disrespect him, why would we?!

If any Hawk fan boos Lewis then they need a slap

Graeme wright has even admitted they would have handled the Lewis situation differently...those that are still trying to justify what has gone on this trade period must have rocks in their head. It's been a disaster...Vickery, Sam Mitchell, trade of picks with saints and now Lewis... The deal with omera should have been done last week. They have known about it for months.

Exactly right.

tumblr_np1oce12Y31qm88jwo1_1280.jpg

Either way, trading Mitchell and Lewis was ill conceived and will have a negative impact on the legacy of all those involved. Giving them away for nothing is simply negligent and downright appalling.

You can only make an assessment on the facts that have been presented at this time and based on what's been communicated by the club the actions to offload them don't add up.

Have you read the part where they both still had one year deals with us, that we were fine with them honoring?
That we were honest enough with our stars to tell them we were unsure what we could offer them past 2017?
That if they wanted to be a part of the decision, we were going to give that to them - as part of our relationship over so many great years?

And that those 2 players, both were excited to cement more of their future than we could offer.

If it's the picks back you are nutted about, that's what happens when you are an honorable club. We knew the teams we had to deal with, it was not a dutch auction for the highest bidder and we would force our legends to unwanted destinations.

It was a handshake agreement that benefited the players above ourselves.
Yes, that's right, our Club will on occasion place the greater good for the men we see through the doors above an immediate small win. Especially those who have done us incredibly, indelibly proud.

If anything, I would have loved to have heard that the players themselves squeezed the nuts of their new employers to perhaps give up a little more........but our Club's behavior has been beyond exemplary.

Lots of sour, selfish, childish supporters on this forum.
Their words have been quieted in the past by endless success and silverware.
But it didn't take much, PERHAPS a trade strategy they deem a losing one, to have them fall out of the skies like screeching bats.

But watch them all disappear and not be heard again should we have more success in the next couple years.
I look forward to them being gone, they bring nothing but a losers mentality you find on so many of the other club boards.

If it is true that Lewy was offered a higher dollar contract by GCS than he got from Melbourne, then how smart was he to dodge that bullet?

Good job Lewy. Kicking goals even when you aren't playing. Dead set champion.

Sammy wanted out to further his career ..not cos he isn't a Hawk,, he always will be, he said that himself.. It is all part of the plan to bring him back to coach. I still hate it and will dread seeing him playing in other colours.

Lewis I feel was pushed and that leaves a sour taste in my mouth.. so thanks for all you gave to our great club and all the very best for the future

Sammy wanted out to further his career ..not cos he isn't a Hawk,, he always will be, he said that himself.. It is all part of the plan to bring him back to coach. I still hate it and will dread seeing him playing in other colours.

Lewis I feel was pushed and that leaves a sour taste in my mouth.. so thanks for all you gave to our great club and all the very best for the future
They were both given the opportunity to secure a longer contract elsewhere and they took it.

Pushed? Well, that's just terminology, but ultimately an honest conversation was had with each player and they were advised that it would be in their best interests to find the security that we couldn't give them.

Yeah, except the only time the word "resentment" was used was by Slobbo himself, not in any quote by Taz.

Felt like Robbo was really trying to make taz say something disparaging - credit to him for not being sucked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back