List Mgmt. Lewis Young extends

adegrub21

All Australian
Sep 25, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No not really. Moz is nearing the end and our replacement KPD ended up becoming or replacement KPF and is likely to stay there. We literally don't have anyone that can fill the proper KPD void. Dad didn't work out, Adams left, Hamling left and Roberts is too slender to wrestle the big KPFs. We can always trade or draft but every position needs depth and Young could still make it yet.

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Maybe, like Lipinski, Lewis knows why he’s in the VFL and accepts he has something to learn and develop. He knows what his goal is and how to become a regular and the club can see he’s close to reaching it and are keen for him to stay. We definitely need to keep key backs for the future so good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not so much a shock - reassuring if anything.

Reassuring that both parties have seen enough to warrant committing for another two years. A one-year contract would have seemed like "hmmmm ... yeah ... maybe ... OK we'll give it another year" whereas a 2-year contract is more decisive and says to me "we think this kid has a good chance of making it".

The Sam Power show rolls on. Steady, methodical, businesslike. Another tick for him (unless you happen to think Young is a spud).

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal

Reassuring that both parties have seen enough to warrant committing for another two years. A one-year contract would have seemed like "hmmmm ... yeah ... maybe ... OK we'll give it another year" whereas a 2-year contract is more decisive and says to me "we think this kid has a good chance of making it".

The Sam Power show rolls on. Steady, methodical, businesslike. Another tick for him (unless you happen to think Young is a spud).
Considering our salary cap space resigning all our required players should be fairly straight forward. Anyway very happy Lewis is staying.

Maybe they love being employed and paid as well, I am sure he loved being told we have overlooked
you for Ryan Gardner this week.

yeah - fancy letting a young player develop in the VFL, its not like Hawthorn, Geelong or Sydney would do something like that

willofwest

Team Captain
Sep 1, 2007
williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

As you say Sam power seems to be doing everything right

He was in the top ten for marks in the VFL but has fallen off the list this week.

He’s 20, 197cm and a low draft pick. Talls take time. I doubt he’s on massive money. I’ve seen enough to think he’s going to be a decent player . Looked great in his debut when Moz told him where to stand . Probably just needs the great man using semaphore or a Bluetooth headpiece to direct him and he’ll be apples

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
yeah - fancy letting a young player develop in the VFL, its not like Hawthorn, Geelong or Sydney would do something like that
You mean like Nathan Mullenger-McHugh, it's a dog eat dog business if you can get an extra two years
you take it don't you. If you are not best 22 this is the reality of football extend when ever you can.
There are a lot of skeletons in the closet when it comes to list management we have a possible rising
star in Sydney Stack who was not even drafted technically.

Back