Traded Lewis Young [trade to Carlton in three-way trade for #52]

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What is his trade value as an uncontracted fringe player?

Will our 4th rounder (currently #64) get it done?
Noting we don't have a current 3rd rounder, and WB need points for Darcy.

(Yes, i know pick 64 is f all points overall, but its all we got)
Ideally we'd try get slightly more. Once you've done the Cerra trade, you may get a late pick back that you can add to any Young trade, even if we had to send a future 4th your way.

Realistically, he's not worth much more than an early 4th at best.

This is interesting ... so

Carlton have to take 3 picks to National Draft (or Rookie up grades)

they want to land Cerra & now Lewis & they have

pick 6, 25 & 61.

This is going to be fascinating to see how they do it all and keep Fremantle supporters and Dogs supporters happy. AND most importantly their own supporters happy. Fun & Games ahead.

Split 6? Future 1st for Cerra? Split 25?

Cerra will be 6 and 25 with a R3 going back. They will probably get a late R3 for sps which they on trade for young.

He's most heavily been linked with Carlton.

If not they trade SPS for 52 and on trade that to the Dogs.

Young and brander are too similar imo for that.
SPS-52-young works though.

Mar 26, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's most heavily been linked with Carlton.

If not they trade SPS for 52 and on trade that to the Dogs.

Great idea ... so that leaves them 6, 25 to land Cerra & 2 x National Draft Picks for 2021. (assumes they keep 61 and use that as a pick - which sounds crazy to pay a pick 61 a 2 year contract list spots are very valuable)

IMHO Carlton have to split something? Wonder what?

Mar 26, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
There was a suggestion on the Freo board that went like this:

Freo throw in Cerra, #27, future 3rd
Dogs put in Young and #17
Carlton send #6, #25

Freo walk out with #6 and #17
Dogs get #25, #27, future 3rd
Carlton get Cerra and Young

OR

Trade 1

Carlton Get Young Give SPS
West Coast get SPS Give 52
Bulldogs Get 52

Trade 2

Freo Give Cerra get Pick 6
Carlton get Cerra give 6

Trade 3

Carlton give 2022 1st GC give Pick 19

Carlton take 19, 25 & 61 to draft this year plus they land Cerra & Young

Last edited:
OR

Trade 1

Bulldogs Get 52

Trade 2

Carlton get Cerra give 6

Trade 3

Carton take 19, 25 & 61 to draft this year plus they land Cerra & Young

Freo want more than #6 for Cerra though.

That's a great deal for Carlton though. They'd be crazy not to go for that.

Get this awful feeling your trying to scam me :tongueoutv1:
You'll be pointing to discussion about Cerra being the potential #1 pick in his draft next year when he has 25 touches a game and 10 inside fifties that result in shots on goal.

The AFL media will discover how creative he is by foot real quick.

Great idea ... so that leaves them 6, 25 to land Cerra & 2 x National Draft Picks for 2021. (assumes they keep 61 and use that as a pick - which sounds crazy to pay a pick 61 a 2 year contract list spots are very valuable)

IMHO Carlton have to split something? Wonder what?
I mean, you do realise rookie promotions (for Gibbons and probably Owies) count, righ?

I assume this trade will take some time at Carlton will prioritise Cerra and Lewie will probably cost some of the change from that deal.
Cerra first, SPS to WCE second, then the Young deal will get done with a minimum of fuss

Mar 26, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
I assume this trade will take some time at Carlton will prioritise Cerra and Lewie will probably cost some of the change from that deal.
Cerra first, SPS to WCE second, then the Young deal will get done with a minimum of fuss

I actually think Carlton might prioritise what picks they are taking to this years draft - managing the deals to be left with the best picks possible in this years draft.

IMHO they will be aiming to be left with late 1st round pick 2021 & Early to Mid 2nd round pick 2021.

a/ Effectively bring 1st Round 2022 into this year or do they hold it for live trading

b/ Cerra basically done for 6 plus a little bit more ie Clark

c/ Lewis basically for a late pick

d/ SPS to Eagles for Brander (has appeal but not a priority) or late pick on traded for Lewis

Last edited:

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
OR

Trade 1

Bulldogs Get 52

Trade 2

Carlton get Cerra give 6

Trade 3

Carlton take 19, 25 & 61 to draft this year plus they land Cerra & Young
why are we giving a top 10 pick in a better exposed draft for pick 20 in this years? just a braindead trade only GC would do.

Mar 26, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
why are we giving a top 10 pick in a better exposed draft for pick 20 in this years? just a braindead trade only GC would do.

I'm was being nice I assumed you were going to be premiers by adding Cerra & Young. You are obviously not that optimistic I gather.

I'm tipping you bring next years 1st into this year. For next years 1st I reckon you will get between 14 to 19 (excluding 17) this year maybe with a late pick back next year.

Last edited:

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm was being nice I assumed you were going to be premiers by adding Cerra & Young. You are obviously not that optimistic I gather.

I'm tipping you bring next years 1st into this year. For next years 1st I reckon you will get between 14 to 19 (excluding 17) this year maybe with a late pick back next year.
Young will spend the year in the VFL and probably get delisted end of 2023, Cerra won't improve us much so nope not that optimistic

Mar 26, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are you Matt Rendell? :confusedv1:

Nah just humoring our Freo mates - said all along deal will look more like

Freo Out Cerra + 27 + 2022 3rd or 4th .... Get 6 + Clark
Geelong Out Clark + 34 ... Get 25 & 27
Blues Out 6 & 25 .... Get Cerra + 34 + 2022 3rd or 4th

Cerra is a quality player, Clark an obvious list replacement, Geelong get approx 20 for contracted player.

The deal will get done Cerra will be a Blue in 2022 Clark will be a Docker 2022. Plus Carlton will bring 1st Round 2022 into this year somehow.

Lewis will be a pick swap - maybe 52 & Future pick 3rd or 4th whatever round they get from Freo they will give their pick up for that round.

Last edited:
Back