Last edited by a moderator:

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
So it is SPS for Lewis Young... The 52 for SPS doesnt feel so bad anymore..

Welcome Lewis.

We got this guy for 52?

I know it's only highlights, but he's young (no pun intended) and moves like that, with good coordination, there's a hell of a lot to work with.

So it is SPS for Lewis Young... The 52 for SPS doesnt feel so bad anymore..

He played in two of the Dogs' finals and they offered him a new contract. He wasn't getting traded for a token super late pick (60s/70s).

We had 61 (too low) and 25 (waaaay too high). We needed something in between. SPS compo was going to the Doggies unless we somehow hit the jackpot.

OK, if we'd somehow managed 35 for SPS, we might have flung that for Young with something small coming back. But you can overthink these things...

Fringe midfielder out, developing tall in. Ballpark equal value. Just get it done and move on.

Jul 24, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m excited. These guys are always hard to judge. I feel confident we have a good player here though. Most people here including myself thought jones was a meh pickup but loon at him now. Not saying young will be jones but he certainly has the athletic ability

I’m excited. These guys are always hard to judge. I feel confident we have a good player here though. Most people here including myself thought jones was a meh pickup but loon at him now. Not saying young will be jones but he certainly has the athletic ability
Goes without saying also, but he's a tall, and sometimes patience is needed.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Suspect this puts an end to the 1 on 1 defence.. Young will allow Weiters to play the Aliir/Tom Stewart/Jake Lever type role..

Back