Scandal Liam Baker capsicum sprayed following verbal stoush with woman

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Richmond Football Club is investigating an early-morning incident at a Melbourne bar involving premiership player Liam Baker.

Police and fire crews were called to a “hazmat incident” at the Osborne Rooftop and Bar in South Yarra about 1.30am on Sunday, which forced an evacuation of the venue’s inside area.

The club refused to detail exactly what it was investigating, amid reports Baker — a two-time premiership star — was capsicum-sprayed by a female pub-goer following a verbal stoush.

Legal or not I can understand some women thinking they need carry it when moving about a city at night, but spraying someone over a verbal stoush in a populated controlled venue with security staff seems a bit 0-100 in less than 4 seconds.

Yes, I always believe everything I read (Stop signs being the exception).

Poor Sydney Stack was fine until he fell under Baker's spell

...CCTV footage would be very helpful.

wSMGNDK.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A girl walks into a bar

She orders a drink and puts a can of pepper spray on top the bar.

The bartender (possibly Liam Baker) proceeds to give her the drink and says “Why the strong mace?

tenor (1).gif

Assault with an illegal weapon would be a start
good point....

But just a couple of serious questions.

Is it legal for anyone to carry Mace spray?

I can understand why some ladies would carry it to defend herself from the occasional drunk campaigner.

Could you be charged for mace spraying someone?
I would not like the pain or discomfort of that in my eyes.

Funny thing is I think its Illegal for security guards to carry Bullet Proof vests. Strangely if you wear one and that person punches you in the gut with that vest, you can be charged for assault.

At this point in time it’s looking like the rush to break news has amounted to nothing.

Could be a case of Baker being a bit of a twat, copping some illegal capsicum spray to the face, with the cops basically saying "you deserved it, so probably leave it alone".

Could be a case of Baker being a bit of a twat, copping some illegal capsicum spray to the face, with the cops basically saying "you deserved it, so probably leave it alone".
Yep. Or the woman may have been charged but the media chose not to pick up on it because she’s a nobody.

Either way it’s speculation and I reckon this story has burnt out.

Now even if that's true, spraying mace in a crowded area, forcing a building evacuation has to be considered public nuisance or reckless endangerment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back