Recommitted Liam Baker [triggered an extension until 2022]

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
This thread isn’t about Cripps, so there’s no use labouring the point. You can make the exact same post in the corresponding Patrick Cripps thread.

Maybe you’re insecure, but if you’re alluding to Mike Fitzpatrick, B-grader Tyson Stenglein (who was playing at another interstate club), and referring to the 1920’s we can truly see how rarely star players born in WA return.

It’s a genuine aberration.

The point is the home option hasnt featured largely in WA footy for 100 years, got it.
Insecure, try realistic.

Underpaid probably, but its the wishful thinking by a supporter of another club. Not going anywhere soon.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
I can’t really see any club offering him the type of money that would blow Richmond’s offer out of the water so it’s hard to imagine him leaving

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
The point is the home option hasnt featured largely in WA footy for 100 years, got it.
Insecure, try realistic.

From the very the very tenuous subject material available (on Page 1) you managed to incorporate Cripps’ name, and then doubled down and honed in any remote WA example you could think of.

Face it - you’re a bit insecure.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I can’t really see any club offering him the type of money that would blow Richmond’s offer out of the water so it’s hard to imagine him leaving

Wonder what Jayden Short and Noah Balta’s contract status’ are?

Surely both due for a big pay rise, and Richmond are comfortable with losing players in their bottom 5-8.

I could see someone like Baker being open to leaving if they get the right contract offer.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
From the very the very tenuous subject material available (on Page 1) you managed to incorporate Cripps’ name, and then doubled down and honed in any remote WA example you could think of.

Face it - you’re a bit insecure.

Tenuous indeed. There is a long history that supports my view as demonstrated by my early post on Bakes.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton

Surely both due for a big pay rise, and Richmond are comfortable with losing players in their bottom 5-8.

I could see someone like Baker being open to leaving if they get the right contract offer.
Balta is the player a club should be offering silly overs for. Players like Short and Baker imo, as good as they are will only get those max $600k type offers (for Short, less for Baker) because they aren’t going to transform a side. Richmond won’t have to pay them anywhere near that for them to want to stay imo.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Balta is the player a club should be offering silly overs for. Players like Short and Baker imo, as good as they are will only get those max $600k type offers (for Short, less for Baker) because they aren’t going to transform a side. Richmond won’t have to pay them anywhere near that for them to want to stay imo.

Agreed.

Balta is already built like a brick shithouse and beating some of the best forwards in the league.

Odds on to win multiple AA’s and will end up getting some ridiculous offers in the coming years.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

Think Bolton is more of a flight risk than anyone else.

short is contracted for another 2 years

balta is out of contract tho so will set a thread up for him

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
short is contracted for another 2 years

balta is out of contract tho so will set a thread up for him

Can you make a Liam stocker one too please mate?

Word is balta isn't leaving due various reasons and his family/friends ties to tigerland. I assume maric. Soldo. Colina (new tigers ruckman) Good news cause he's be number1 on the retain list for mine

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

Word is balta isn't leaving due various reasons and his family/friends ties to tigerland. I assume maric. Soldo. Colina (new tigers ruckman) Good news cause he's be number1 on the retain list for mine

Balta OOC is huge - he’d be the perfect Liam Jones replacement.

nah stocker is contracted wont be making a thread for him this early - maybe later in the year if he is struggling to get games and has reason to break the contract and request out

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
nah stocker is contracted wont be making a thread for him this early - maybe later in the year if he is struggling to get games and has reason to break the contract and request out

Isn't stocks OOC the same as all these Richmond young champions you are vulturing over?

Would be interesting give strongly link to Tigerland predraft.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I'm more worried about Bolton leaving tbh.

Baker is a very good player, but as an undersized HBF he's probably not the type of player that would attract a big money enticing offer that we couldn't at least compete with. He's probably also one of the ones we'd like to keep, so I don't think we'd want him to slip out like we have with guys like Ellis for more money.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm more worried about Bolton leaving tbh.

Baker is a very good player, but as an undersized HBF he's probably not the type of player that would attract a big money enticing offer that we couldn't at least compete with. He's probably also one of the ones we'd like to keep, so I don't think we'd want him to slip out like we have with guys like Ellis for more money.

Bolton is fairly under size too

Back