Recommitted Liam Baker [re-signed until 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2014
M15
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bucks
The second-year WA Tiger reportedly is looking for more senior opportunities elsewhere. His rookie contract finishes up at the conclusion of this season.

AFL.com reports that Fremantle and Carlton are interested.

Baker (21) picked up a Rising Star nomination in Round 10 against Essendon and is a very versatile player for his height, 173cm.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
The second-year WA Tiger reportedly is looking for more senior opportunities elsewhere. His rookie contract finishes up at the conclusion of this season.

AFL.com reports that Fremantle and Carlton are interested.

Baker (21) picked up a Rising Star nomination in Round 10 against Essendon and is a very versatile player for his height, 173cm.
I don't think Fremantle want him they already have Crowden and Giro, pretty similar type.

I thought he was getting a regular gig at Richmond? Seems like a bloke you'd like to keep around could be one of the better small forwards in his prime.

Tiger84

Senior List
Sep 7, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Sounds like someone who thinks hes better than he actually is. Wouldn't get a kick in a bottom side.

Bahaha look at all the lions fans 1 good year in how long and they turn into Billy big bollocks 😂 have u seen the kid play? Gets kicks averages 17 possessions in a team sitting 5th fair to say he would be a great pick up for 90% of teams

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Would come cheap and has potential. I’d take the hit. If we could potentially bring in Papley as well we’d have our small forwards settled for a while.

Doesn’t have the pedigree or enough elite traits right now to consistently play ahead of Rioli, Bolton, Stack and for some reason Castagna. Butler seems suitable depth. Tigers were bound to lose 1 or 2 but won’t hurt them long term with the talent they have.

Sauras

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bahaha look at all the lions fans 1 good year in how long and they turn into Billy big bollocks 😂 have u seen the kid play? Gets kicks averages 17 possessions in a team sitting 5th fair to say he would be a great pick up for 90% of teams
17 meaningless touches, well done. Don't know why your shitty when he wants to leave your club. You'll be bagging him him in a few weeks time when he leaves. A "great" pick up, yeh maybe for the Chadstone thirds. No club wants a midget, unless your gonna throw him in for free.

Tiger84

Senior List
Sep 7, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
17 meaningless touches, well done. Don't know why your s**tty when he wants to leave your club. You'll be bagging him him in a few weeks time when he leaves. A "great" pick up, yeh maybe for the Chadstone thirds. No club wants a midget, unless your gonna throw him in for free.

Hahaha thanks for the laughs 👍 is this the first year you have watched football since the Brisbane 3 peat?

Poska

All Australian
Jul 10, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
17 meaningless touches, well done. Don't know why your s**tty when he wants to leave your club. You'll be bagging him him in a few weeks time when he leaves. A "great" pick up, yeh maybe for the Chadstone thirds. No club wants a midget, unless your gonna throw him in for free.
Your captain is a midget and your best player is a midget.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Your captain is a midget and your best player is a midget.
Some real barbs being thrown around here...

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I rate him. I probably wouldn't go for him at Essendon because we already have Tippa as a short small forward and I don't like to carry too many blokes of that size but for teams that don't have a tiny small forward already he could be a brilliant get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barunga Bullet

The GOAT
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

ask the bulldogs what they think about "short people"

Think Butler is the one opposition clubs should be targeting :moustache:
Ditto, he's the one I want the Bulldogs to ask about

He should never have been dropped, outside of Bolton, he's our best small forward option to play midfield and super clean at ground level, doesn't waste it, has insane work rate and is tough as nails.

Cant begrudge him wanting more senior opportunity, but would like to see him back himself in for atleast another year or 2.

Wouldnt get much for him sadly but having watched him closely the last 2 years (wanted him in last year) he is worth a pick in the 30's IMO

All that said, we can afford to lose him and Butler as we just have too many of this type.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
He should never have been dropped, outside of Bolton, he's our best small forward option to play midfield and super clean at ground level, doesn't waste it, has insane work rate and is tough as nails.

Cant begrudge him wanting more senior opportunity, but would like to see him back himself in for atleast another year or 2.

Wouldnt get much for him sadly but having watched him closely the last 2 years (wanted him in last year) he is worth a pick in the 30's IMO

All that said, we can afford to lose him and Butler as we just have too many of this type.
You guys have too many good players. That is essentially the problem.

Side note: would you prefer Lynch, or definitely holding all your fringe players and talents like Baker and Bolton?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

Side note: would you prefer Lynch, or definitely holding all your fringe players and talents like Baker and Bolton?
Fringe players can be found anywhere in the draft and the state league's

Guns are extremely rare

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fringe players can be found anywhere in the draft and the state league's

Guns are extremely rare
That's true, but some of your fringe are much better than the average fringe player and that is not likely sustainable (ie that you keep finding them).

That said, in your shoes I do the Lynch deal 100/100 times.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
That's true, but some of your fringe are much better than the average fringe player and that is not likely sustainable (ie that you keep finding them).

That said, in your shoes I do the Lynch deal 100/100 times.
Last trade period we gave away
Lloyd , Stengle , Ellis , Miles and most thought we had no depth left

We currently have our VFL side ontop and virtually dominating the vfl and have
Nankervis , Caddy , Butler , Balta , Ross , Naish and Higgins all ready and deserving of a spot but cant get in

Also a very good possibility we will trade for a established player this off season

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Last trade period we gave away
Lloyd , Stengle , Ellis , Miles and most thought we had no depth left

We currently have our VFL side ontop and virtually dominating the vfl and have
Nankervis , Caddy , Butler , Balta , Ross , Naish and Higgins all ready and deserving of a spot but cant get in

Also a very good possibility we will trade for a established player this off season
Yeah no doubt your recruiters are on fire, but history says that is not sustainable.

Wouldn't worry too much, you could easily win a couple more flags with your current core.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

i think if baker leaves itll be because he is behind George, Bolton, Rioli, Lambert, Edwards etc. not due to lynch

i think bolton will stay

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
i think if baker leaves itll be because he is behind George, Bolton, Rioli, Lambert, Edwards etc. not due to lynch

i think bolton will stay

Can't blame him really. You've got a ridiculous amount of players who can play that small forward/half forward role.

Seems like a good fit for Carlton...we have a dearth of those kinds of players. We're probably offering more money and a longer term contract than Richmond, and he'd get more opportunity with us. Gets to stay in VIC if that's what he prefers and still play for a traditionally big club that still pulls big crowds (4th largest home team crowds in AFL in 2019) and would be seen as on the rise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back