Liam Baker [signed til 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Who?

Jokes aside, he's horrid. Plus he's an unrestricted free agent and he'd have 0 trade currency if he wasn't a FA...... And liam Baker is 10 times the player. Plus we've got a shipload of wings and half backs already.

Hard pass.
In all seriousness the only player I can think of is Rioli. If we did lose him he’d leave a hole which Baker could fill and I’d imagine we’d have to throw a half decent pick in the deal to make it fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The average player salary in 2022 is 389k he is a fair bit better than the average player imo he is worth around 500-550k

150 odd players earn under $200k though. Average wage excluding draftees who can't be paid above the mandated amount for 2 years is probably closer to $450k. Baker is a $450-500k player that could get more at a team with cap space.

Interested to know what eagles would be willing to give up in a trade for baker.

Pick 20 would be where I think tigers would want the talks to start at.

Good for both clubs. I like Baker but think it's a much better play for us at the moment to utilise three years of higher national draft picks to rebuild our midfield and use the mid season to plug any holes.

In two years time Liam Baker and Tim English there as handy free agents to top up if we've done a good job recruiting.

Think that takes him to free agency when he is out next where he will look for a long deal

2 years at 600k is decent though for now
Nope. 1 year shy - 2024 will be his 7th year.
Good for both clubs. I like Baker but think it's a much better play for us at the moment to utilise three years of higher national draft picks to rebuild our midfield and use the mid season to plug any holes.

In two years time Liam Baker and Tim English there as handy free agents to top up if we've done a good job recruiting.
Won't be a free agent but I reckon a fair chance to go home and by then eagles will probably be a more attractive option than what they are right now.

Eagles dodged a bullet here.

You Should never offer big money to good honest battlers,which is all what Baker is IMO.
A bit early for that call but it is always risky getting a player coming out of contract after their best year. The salary price is usually top dollar and the output might not be the same without the motivation, although Baker seems like he's always trying.

The best thing for the Eagles would have been the PSD threat if he really wanted to return to Perth & they get a trade deal in their favour.

Richmond would be happen, you need to retain the workhorses as they rub off on the rest of the group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back