Player Watch Liam Holt-Fitz (Academy Prospect)

Remove this Banner Ad

whobe fitz whatnow?
Collingwood have had 1127 players play senior football for the club (1897-2015), but as far as I can see there's only been two with a hyphen in their surname - Hector Lingwood-Smith (1922-1923) and Alf Andrew-Street (1933-1934). So if this lad makes it to the top it will create a lot of excitement.

Keen fans will remember we drafted Tim Scott-Branagan in the early nineties, also Nathan Lovett-Murray and Luke Casey-Leigh in the Rookie Draft, but sadly none of them was destined to make it at Collingwood.

Collingwood have had 1127 players play senior football for the club (1897-2015), but as far as I can see there's only been two with a hyphen in their surname - Hector Lingwood-Smith (1922-1923) and Alf Andrew-Street (1933-1934). So if this lad makes it to the top it will create a lot of excitement.

Keen fans will remember we drafted Tim Scott-Branagan in the early nineties, also Nathan Lovett-Murray and Luke Casey-Leigh in the Rookie Draft, but sadly none of them was destined to make it at Collingwood.
Think you may have forgotten Peter Macedonian-Marvel.

I've only seen Liam Holt-Fitz play once and was very underwhelmed. However, I don't want to be so negative about a 15-year-old kid. Apparently he was jet-lagged and has played unbelievable football elsewhere. Hopefully I can get another look at him in the next couple of weeks during the underage NTFL finals.

Isiah Farrell-Nelson has been a bit of a revelation at senior football in the NTFL and hopefully gets an opportunity at NAB Championships level for the Northern Territory.

Matthew Green is a very raw prospect but I was really impressed with what he was able to produce at senior level as a tall, lightly built 15-year-old.

I've only seen Liam Holt-Fitz play once and was very underwhelmed. However, I don't want to be so negative about a 15-year-old kid. Apparently he was jet-lagged and has played unbelievable football elsewhere. Hopefully I can get another look at him in the next couple of weeks during the underage NTFL finals.

Isiah Farrell-Nelson has been a bit of a revelation at senior football in the NTFL and hopefully gets an opportunity at NAB Championships level for the Northern Territory.

Matthew Green is a very raw prospect but I was really impressed with what he was able to produce at senior level as a tall, lightly built 15-year-old.
What zone are IFN and Green in?

Are any of them linked to pies if deemed worthy through this scheme?

Or are they just random players who impressed or didn't in liams case?

Are any of them linked to pies if deemed worthy through this scheme?

Or are they just random players who impressed or didn't in liams case?

What zone are IFN and Green in?

Yeah sorry, I just seen that they were mentioned by someone else in this thread. I don't actually know how this zoning stuff works but both are from similar areas of the Northern Territory. Green is living in Tennant Creek and IFN is from a community that plays in the Tennant Creek comp (Barkley AFL).

Yeah sorry, I just seen that they were mentioned by someone else in this thread. I don't actually know how this zoning stuff works but both are from similar areas of the Northern Territory. Green is living in Tennant Creek and IFN is from a community that plays in the Tennant Creek comp (Barkley AFL).
IFN lives in TC as well. Another young one from Barkly has been playing U16 for Waratah, Kyrell Barton. A win this weekend and they'll be in the GF. Be surprised if there is anyone quicker than him in NTFL U16's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ditto re IFN. Represented NT at School Sport 12 and under years ago. Always had it!
Green also been around Junior rep footy. Represented NT at 12's & 15's. Missed national 15's last year through injury. Should be at 16's nationals this year.

Ditto re IFN. Represented NT at School Sport 12 and under years ago. Always had it!
Green also been around Junior rep footy. Represented NT at 12's & 15's. Missed national 15's last year through injury. Should be at 16's nationals this year.

Would Green be part of the Academy as it's be just for Aboriginals?

C

Can you give us an update after the NTFL finals please?

Liam Holt-Fitz's Nightcliff U18s won the flag on Saturday morning. He's an interesting player and I am not sure what to make of him just yet. I thought he was in the top couple of players on the ground, which is a solid achievement considering he can still play another couple years in this age group. But I am not sold on his ball-use just yet. Hopefully his inclusion in these elite programs will iron out a few of these issues before his draft year. He is a competitor and takes the game on so there's definitely plenty to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back