Player Watch Liam Holt-Fitz (Academy Prospect)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’ll end up becoming a first round prospect and we’ll be scrambling for points now we don’t have a second. I can just see it now.
The sky is falling...

Is he...

the_oneready.jpg

Judging by Hine’s comments; they don’t think he’ll make the rookie draft. In fact, we’ve declared our hand in saying that we think we should have to give up the equivalent of a second round pick for him.

*slow clap*
Evidently this comment by Hine referred to Quaynor, and not Holt-Fitz. Either way, loose lips and all...

Played another ripper of a game. Was a good all Round team performance. Give him at least 2 goal assists.
The kid has some skills when he gets it and sure has some class about him but he didn't do much.
Maybe you and I have different definitions of "ripper of a game" which is fine by the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evidently this comment by Hine referred to Quaynor, and not Holt-Fitz. Either way, loose lips and all...

Has anyone considered
We have 16 players out of contract next year
Therefore We will be delisting and trading ,looking at free agents! (Which has already been confirmed)
We will be making massive changes(predict at least 6)
We won't need great picks only points as ISSAC & FITZ HOLT will be drafted and both will be bid on.
Discounts will assist if we want Kelly
WANTED PACE Sam Murray
WANTED CRUMBER. FITZ
Lock down back issac

LOOKING GREAT

Certainly considered it, but then realised that we haven’t made finals for 5 years, and that other clubs, many of whom are already above us on the ladder, will also have access to these pathways and are striving just as hard to succeed as we are.

“Looking great” is in my opinion an overstatement.

Surely we move him to Vic to play TAC with the Chargers next year?
Unless of course, he'd prefer to stay in the NT around family and friends while he's still a kid that hasn't been drafted? If he'd like to move to Melbourne for this then great, but it's not really up to the club to go moving kids around the country to suit themselves.

Unless of course, he'd prefer to stay in the NT around family and friends while he's still a kid that hasn't been drafted? If he'd like to move to Melbourne for this then great, but it's not really up to the club to go moving kids around the country to suit themselves.
He’s apparently already moved from Tennant Creek to Darwin to play NTFL, so I don’t see the issue.

He likely has friends and family in Darwin though so probably a big difference.
Why is that likely? Tennant Creek is a bloody long way from Darwin.

Aside from that, the club could probably provide him with a boarding scholarship at Scotch like they did for Edwards back in the day. It would be a good opportunity for him. Obviously nobody’s gonna force the kid to do it but the club would be mad not to provide him with the opportunity.

If we're serious about Liam then getting him into a strong footy program (not just starring against seniors in Darwin) where he can acclimatise and work out where things are "in the big smoke". CFC must become his home and his family and getting him involved with the Chargers would be a great way of linking him further to our club.
I work with quite a few indigenous kids (down from Darwin) who stay at College or St.Josephs and work closely with the Falcons and Geelong's NG Academy and they turn up to training in Parkas in February (cos they regard it as cold!)
So, getting him used to Vic weather is just as important as keeping him happy in Darwin!
By the look of him he has some special traits.

Aside from that, the club could probably provide him with a boarding scholarship at Scotch like they did for Edwards back in the day. It would be a good opportunity for him. Obviously nobody’s gonna force the kid to do it but the club would be mad not to provide him with the opportunity.

I know how far it is, I've lived in Darwin for years (only moved back to Melbourne a year and a half ago) and made the drive a few times myself. If he doesn't have family there he certainly has friends there (he's not the first person to move from Tenant Creek to Darwin). You'd be surprised how family orientated the indigenous culture is in the NT. To the extent that I wouldn't be surprised if someone from his family made the move with him to Darwin if he didn't have any family there already. For example, it's pretty normal for family members to move to Darwin just to be closer to their relative if they are in jail there. Even if by some remote chance he has no family or friends in Darwin, the culture shift from Tenant Creek to Darwin is far less of a shock to the system than making a move to Melbourne.

I have no doubt the club would be willing to make arrangements for the move if he's willing but it's no slight on him if he doesn't want to move yet. I have stayed in Tenant Creek a couple of times on the way though and I couldn't imagine living there. I dare say the culture shock I experienced when staying there is much the same feeling he'd have when making the move to a place like Melbourne.

Just down the road really to Territorians. Years ago I knew people in Katherine that would drive to Darwin and back a day just to get Maccas or KFC.

Just down the road really to Territorians. Years ago I knew people in Katherine that would drive to Darwin and back a day just to get Maccas or KFC.

That's just ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back