Player Watch Liam Holt-Fitz (Academy Prospect)

It sounds a little sus to me that the regional zones could be scoured for talent then scholarships offered to boys for private schools which are located in certain metro zones.

I doubt Kids from NT would fall under the Victorian Zones as Clubs most likely already worked with the Kid in NT. They would bring the Kid to VIC to play in there TAC Cup Team

Kinda surprised the AFL even allowed Victorian teams to have an Academy system.

Seems counteractive to the intention of the NSW/QLD ones.
How so? The NSW/Qld academies are designed to attract local talent for those teams that otherwise wouldn't have pursued AFL in favour of other more popular sports in their region such as rugby, and also promote AFL in those states. I'm not sure how indigenous/multicultural academies in Vic and NT would have the slightest impact on that?

How so? The NSW/Qld academies are designed to attract local talent for those teams that otherwise wouldn't have pursued AFL in favour of other more popular sports in their region such as rugby, and also promote AFL in those states. I'm not sure how indigenous/multicultural academies in Vic and NT would have the slightest impact on that?

Though we get less the the Northern Academies as we only allowed to get multicultural Kids who not play AFL. Where Northern Academies can get anyone in there zone

Though we get less the the Northern Academies as we only allowed to get multicultural Kids who not play AFL. Where Northern Academies can get anyone in there zone
That's pretty much what I just said...

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός

Oh that's right, these are the indigenous ones. These got brought up a while back on here.

Sorry to butt in - saw the thread, thought I'd contribute. Liam Holt-Fitz is a mid-sized forward who gets up the ground and can really use this speed and athleticism to his advantage. He trained at Collingwood briefly as part of the Flying Boomerangs program that Collingwood hosts every year, and was a standout from reports.

He won the Michael Long Medal, which was voted by his peers for his dedication, hard work, and training standards during his time with the Boomerangs.

He will play for Oakleigh Chargers in the U16 pathway program this year (among school footy commitments) as he has just enrolled at Melbourne Grammar Yr 10. (Won't be draft-eligible until 2018).

Other private schools who fall under Collingwood's zone (which also fall in the Chargers zone) include Carey Grammar, Camberwell Grammar, De La Salle, St Kevins, Wesley College, Calufield Grammar, Trinity College and Scotch College. Oakleigh also have access to Kew Comments - who are one of the most prolific junior clubs in the state.

I'd say Collingwood did pretty damn well getting the Chargers as their aligned TAC Cup for this type of zoning.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry to butt in - saw the thread, thought I'd contribute. Liam Holt-Fitz is a mid-sized forward who gets up the ground and can really use this speed and athleticism to his advantage. He trained at Collingwood briefly as part of the Flying Boomerangs program that Collingwood hosts every year, and was a standout from reports.

He won the Michael Long Medal, which was voted by his peers for his dedication, hard work, and training standards during his time with the Boomerangs.

He will play for Oakleigh Chargers in the U16 pathway program this year (among school footy commitments) as he has just enrolled at Melbourne Grammar Yr 10. (Won't be draft-eligible until 2018).

Other private schools who fall under Collingwood's zone (which also fall in the Chargers zone) include Carey Grammar, Camberwell Grammar, De La Salle, St Kevins, Wesley College, Calufield Grammar, Trinity College and Scotch College. Oakleigh also have access to Kew Comments - who are one of the most prolific junior clubs in the state.

I'd say Collingwood did pretty damn well getting the Chargers as their aligned TAC Cup for this type of zoning.
Firstly to avoid sounding hypocritical I must admit that I frequently bag your posting during the trade period, but nonetheless thankyou for your very informative and worthwhile contribution to this thread.

Matt loves Essendon

All Australian
Jul 9, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Vic Bushrangers, Melbourne Stars
I've heard a bit of talk that Liam Holt-Fitz is actually eligible for St Kilda's academy as well. From memory I think Brian Speaking said he was going to St Kilda

I've heard a bit of talk that Liam Holt-Fitz is actually eligible for St Kilda's academy as well. From memory I think Brian Speaking said he was going to St Kilda
No sure how he would be eligible for them given he's from Barkley and playing for Oakleigh, both Collingwood's areas.

Who is Brian Speaking?

As Apex36 said he came from out NT Zone and playing for our TAC Aligned Team.

Though he has Played Rep Footy. He might be DQ'ed so neither Collingwood or St Kilda would get him

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Sign him up, I wasn't convinced until I saw the pics, thanks for posting, kid looks a gun already!

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Get around this kid as our great white hope from the new acadamy program set up by the AFL. In short this kid is from Tenant Creek (Barkly Zone we have been allocated) and was Co-captian of the U/15 all-australian team last year. Lets hope he continues to progress and ends up on our list.

Any info Knightmare?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ustralian-sets-sights-on-south-africa/7078434

As an u18 watcher rather than an u15/u16 watcher I have no opinion or further info at this time.

Do you even think he Qualify for our Academy?
KM has as much info as we do about players qualifying for academies. We'll just have to wait for more details to come out Dave, there's no use worrying about it yet.

KM has as much info as we do about players qualifying for academies. We'll just have to wait for more details to come out Dave, there's no use worrying about it yet.

Okay. Though what it sounds like I would not get my hopes up

Okay. Though what it sounds like I would not get my hopes up
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Have you seen any actual rules regarding eligibility or are you just making assumptions?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Have you seen any actual rules regarding eligibility or are you just making assumptions?

Isn't the Academies more for People that NOT been in the AFL System

Back