Traded Liam Jones (#943)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only problem I have with him is he always takes it on the chest rather than out in front, it seems to work for him well enough but it is much better to be taking them on the hands. Mooney knows this though as he said it in the first quarter, so as long as he is continuously told to take them out in front he should be all good.

That's extremely good, and i'd argue the fact Cloke gets a lot better service from the midfield as well. Massive wraps on the kid, he'll be good for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He took a few ruck contests in the 2nd half. Not sure why, he was going well as a forward :confused:
Will would have needed a chop out and we had no one else.

His first half was great, second not so good, but he was stuffed because he worked so hard in the first, next year with another preseason and hopefully a partner up forward which he desperately needs, and we will start to see the best of him.

Just hoping Jones gets a game this weekend. I am however liking what Macca is doing with the players. If they are not performing then they play reserves not to be punished but to work on other areas of there game.
Can't really remember a game of any level when Jones kicked 6 goals. Always marked well but never really dominated and kicked a bag. Hopefully he comes out this week playing alongside Grant, Campbell, Gia, Dicko and Dal and stars.

Also bit disappointed Jones didn't get named in the All indigenous side against Ireland. He played for them against Richmond. Thought having him and Buddy as the tall forwards would be good.

I've been critical of Jones, but I'm happy to balance that with praise when it is due. He was very good last week.

The tackle on Young at 1:10 was nuts. He was absolutely hauling arse.

If Jones hadn't brought him down he would have popped it onto the chest of Cloke who was leading full pelt at him and had opened up a big gap on Roughead. Mark that down as a goal saving tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back