Traded Liam Jones (#943)

Remove this Banner Ad

And even then, I think the turnover was mostly because neither of the All Star players at the fall of the ball really attacked it.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty well-placed. He at least kicked it to a winnable contest, unlike most of our players last year. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing plenty of ruck work ATM and going well

Liking Jonesys work tonight hopefully he can transfer it into the season proper

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360323074.217179.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360323085.969893.jpg

Harder at the ball and great on the lead, Jones certainly did some excellent work tonight. Let's hope he can back it up; an on-song Liam Jones is good for a few much-needed goals per game.

His goal kicking is a lot more fluent from what I saw tonight which was great to see

His goal kicking is a lot more fluent from what I saw tonight which was great to see
I noticed that someone's taught him to do a bigger jump off the follow through, and it looks like it's genuinely helped him transfer his weight through the kicking action more fluently.

Good signs from Jones tonight. He clunked a few in pack situations like he was doing in 2010. Looks to have improved his goal kicking too.

He surprised me in the ruck. Wasn't doing too badly at all.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-08/all-stars-eclipse-tigers-in-preseason-showpiece

"Jones kicked two goals and marked strongly on the lead and in packs before showing more signs in the ruck and across half-back."

Didn't get to see it but sounds pretty promising, was also named second best for the All-Stars in the article. Really looking forward to see how he goes next week.
Very encouraging.
I also liked this line from that story:

INJURIES
All Stars:
Nil

Remove this Banner Ad

Back