Liam Jones vs Rhys Stanley

Liam Jones or Rhys Stanley?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

reflects poorly on us dogs and saints fans that geelong and carlton fans clearly don't even care about these two players haha.

Who's having the better year?

Neither. If the depth of the AFL wasnt so stretched neither of them would have a contract.
Both genuine potatoes.

I'm prepared to give Stanley the rest of the year as first choice ruckman in order to see if there is anymore upside to his game in that position.
Still a little too early to judge, especially given how poor our midfield currently is.

However, I'm concerned about his inability to win clearances when rucking. Doesn't appear to have the natural body strength which is needed to gain front position around stoppages.
Geelong have trialled Josh Walker in ruck, primarily as the backup to West or Blicavs, and he at least won a couple of those crucial clearances. Sure, he ain't a ruckman's a**hole, but he didn't cost us pick 21 either.

Maric should be a good test to see where Stanley's at. Ivan isn't exactly in the same league as Todd Goldstein.
See how this pans out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Becasue I'm not an idiot.
Vardy is a talented player that would be playing 100% of games if fit.
Stanley is a very average footballer.

You guys did very well to get anything for him.

Two things.

Geelong want Vardy to play CHF and stay out of the ruck.
Second a bloke like Stephen Wells doesnt give up pick 21 for a bloke to play reserves.

Stanley is too light framed to be playing ruck at the moment, i thought he was very good in the first Qtr against Goldy, but he was worn out pretty fast, needs about 7-8kg of size to have a chance, he may be ok at as a 3rd tall? CHB maybe, agile to say the least.

Stanley is too light framed to be playing ruck at the moment, i thought he was very good in the first Qtr against Goldy, but he was worn out pretty fast, needs about 7-8kg of size to have a chance, he may be ok at as a 3rd tall? CHB maybe, agile to say the least.

He's got all the tools, hes just not a footballer.

Change my vote to Stanley now. Knew Jones was bad, but has gone to a new level of bad.
Convenient comment that ignores our atrocious inside fifties and forward set up. Sticks would have struggled to mark just one of the passes we bombed over Henderson's head when he was up against two opponents.

Stanley's development would need to sky rocket for this trade to avoid being a bust like the Tigers buying Hampson. He's no Ottens who made a fool over every media man and his dog who lined him up.

Back