Liam Jurrah Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

His skills are way superior to NicNat's imo.
In your opinion? You mean to anyone with eyes.

Jurrah weights his kicks absolutely perfectly, he is one of the best kicks at Melbourne already along with Davey. Naitanui on the other hand is just about the worst kick in the AFL.

The only time in my life that I have barracked for a player against Essendon. When he kicked his goal, there was a lot of applause from the Essendon members.

This kid has amazing potential, and if he stays in Melbourne, you have yourselves a future superstar. The posts from japaljarri saying he has his head screwed on are fantastic news.

All the best to the Dees, and especially to Liam.:thumbsu:

The only time in my life that I have barracked for a player against Essendon. When he kicked his goal, there was a lot of applause from the Essendon members.

I noticed that too, all the Bombers fans near me were screaming for him. Was a great moment in football.

This kid has amazing potential, and if he stays in Melbourne, you have yourselves a future superstar. The posts from japaljarri saying he has his head screwed on are fantastic news.

Thanks, I really hope he develops his full potential.

:eek: Wow. This lad is an amazing talent. Kudos to all at Melbourne for their effort in bringing Liam Jurrah to the AFL. This bloke will bring a crowd. He just looked so natural in his abilty. Didn't lack confidence either.

A star in the making.:thumbsu:

Very glad I went last night, despite the fact it was a shite game.

It was worth it to see Jurrah's potential on display. I also enjoyed watching Jack Watts kick his first and second major. I have a double man-crush.

Is that the best first career goal ever?

Was just awesome.

Darryl White kicked the goal of the year with his first ever goal.

But that aside, watching Jurrah's debut was amazing. I would pay to go watch that kid. Also, was really impressed by Stefan Martin. Some good kids at the Dees. Best of luck to Jurrah - i will be watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

liam_jarrah_1st_afl_game_1st_afl_goal.jpg

I can't believe what a lovely kick he is. I new he had nice hands, good speed and a strong leap but he uses the ball well. Plus he can almost kick a goal from 50+ (bit of help from the rest of the team!) so he has a good strong leg. Watts and Jurrah are miles ahead in foot skills compared to Newton and Miller.

When he kicked that goal tonight, I could swear all the Essendon fans went just as berserk as ours did.

But apart from the goal, he simply didn't make mistakes (which is more than I can say for everyone else on the team bar Sylvia). He is not just skillful, he makes everyone else look shithouse by comparison (including Davey).

When he flew for that mark and kicked that guy in the back (instead of using his knees he just flat out kicked him) and his vicrtim went tumbling out of bounds, I knew we were in for a good time.

His first game made a 50+ point loss bearable. Stayed til the final siren purely because I couldn't afford to miss any of him. My Essendon supprting mate said at one point "this guy is playing his first game right? He's making us look s**t, thank god he's your only player"

Fantastic story, well done to both Melbourne and LJ. He looked very much the sort of player you go to the games to watch. It doesn't matter who you barrack for sometimes, you have to appreciate class.

Pity half your scumbag supporters were booing Watts when he took a mark and was lining up for his first goal. Great spirit there! :rolleyes:

Although i suppose it went hand in hand with Fletchers attempt to psych him out by pretending to throw something at him when he was running in to kick.

Nice Work........Pricks!

Mercs I think you may have got your jumper a little too early.

Jurrah has a higher number than all the rest, is a gun and has cult figure potential.

You must be kicking yourself.

If he stays with #48 I'll be distressed, but pre-season they said they were going to give all the new players high numbers then move them down if they were worth it. Pissweak concept if you ask me - there's far more marketing in zany numbers.

Jack Who?

If it wasn't for that lanky prick Fletcher, he could have had 3 goals in the first half of his debut. Incredible!

Still a lot to work on, such as his fitness and intensity, but the raw potential seems very promising. The best thing is that he has debuted on Friday Night Football in front of a huge audience, so hopefully some of those bandwagon Demon fans will get off their arse and come down and see the Jurrahcane live.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back