Society/Culture Liam Neeson: Should we be condemned for thinking the wrong thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't right but you can't blame Lam for thinking what he thought. His community had been subjected to black/African crime over a long period of time. We aren't just talking shoplifting here; we're talking murder, rape, armed robbery, etc. They didn't even have that big a population of Africans at that time.

Oddly, this is very similar to the scenario we are facing in Melbourne where the African gangs run amok and are continually excused by the lunatics out there. The Victorian state government continues to ignore the issue so the issue so it grows to the point where there is no return. Local VicPol districts have even gone to the extent of withholding and hiding stats in order to make the state government and Police hierarchy look good.

Northern Ireland, probably the whitest part of the UK, had a black people crime problem 40 years ago? Really?

I've heard the old-fashioned white people vs white people history in Northern Ireland means the few brown and black people cop some truly shocking stuff compared to Britain and the Republic.

Remember reading one interview with a black woman who grew up and likes living there but intends to move to London when she's eventually an old women. She couldn't picture being a little old black woman in NI.

Yes, that is why. And society hadn't yet figured out how to deal with that. So often, people and corporations will take the safe route to protect themselves. It makes sense to do so, as cowardly as it is.

Things will only change when the overwhelming majority of people consistently push back against those taking the easy way out and drag the media narrative with them by making it a worse story to cave in as opposed to pandering to clickbait-driven outrage culture.

I think a start would be to actually say that you will use a sponsor's product if they DON'T pull when a controversy happens. If they know that they will get MORE sales by staying the course, that is what they will do.

Yes, that is why. And society hadn't yet figured out how to deal with that. So often, people and corporations will take the safe route to protect themselves. It makes sense to do so, as cowardly as it is.

Things will only change when the overwhelming majority of people consistently push back against those taking the easy way out and drag the media narrative with them by making it a worse story to cave in as opposed to pandering to clickbait-driven outrage culture.

I think a start would be to actually say that you will use a sponsor's product if they DON'T pull when a controversy happens. If they know that they will get MORE sales by staying the course, that is what they will do.

Our biology has programmed us not to be moral but to appear to be moral. It is to our advantage to present an appearance of being 'good' whilst not necessarily living up to those values. As Henry Mencken once said, our conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking. This results in a battle for the moral high ground. This has always been so.

But what is new is social media and its ability for masses of people to take the moral high ground on issues or against individuals. It's the most cowardly form of bullying. There's no reciprocality about ones own foibles when piling on. Without personal examination or consequence people can express a view of high morality and are able to feel good about themselves.

It has coincided with the decline in Christian values. I would not class myself as Christian but I can see value in a saying such as 'let he that is without sin among you, cast the first rock'.

If Twitter was around 30-40 years ago people would of been doing the same thing then.

You sound like Andrew Bolt re Christian values and being a non Christian

So if a female friend is raped by a white guy people here are not disturbed if a guy then takes a weapon out and has thoughts of killing their brother, father, friend who had nothing to do with the crime? No one has any problem with that? **** off!

Neeson doesn’t deserve another job not just because he’s a s**t actor but because he’s a ******* idiot.

No. I think Liam Neeson needs to be condemned for something else instead....for appearing in an abomination of a film like "Cold Pursuit".

I saw it at the cinema today, expecting "Taken" in the snow, but it was rubbish. Avoid.

This film will do more to hurt his career than any past thoughts or comments.

No. I think Liam Neeson needs to be condemned for something else instead....for appearing in an abomination of a film like "Cold Pursuit".

I saw it at the cinema today, expecting "Taken" in the snow, but it was rubbish. Avoid.

This film will do more to hurt his career than any past thoughts or comments.
If you went in expecting ‘Taken in the snow, the problem is yours, not his. It’s pretty obvious it’s more Fargo than Taken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back