Liam Picken retires

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not crying, you’re crying.

We all knew it would come, he owes us absolutely nothing & he’s a got a great wife & kids to take care of.

Will never forget his grand final and particularly the sealing goal, which gets me every single time

what a fantastic career, my favourite non Carlton player, just loved watching him play so courageous, that 2016 finals campaign he was awesome, all the best to him post footy and hope he stays healthy

Very sad to see him go but as others have said the right decision.

A legend of our club forever.

Thanks for everything Liam - it goes without saying that we will love you for all time after the 2016 finals series, but even without that, you were an absolute warrior for our club in each and every game.

Enjoy retirement - you should never have to reach into your pocket to pay for a beer again, all of us supporters will shout you for the rest of your life.

55602657_586150548566180_6165219081445179392_n.jpg
It's Over.....

Thanks for everything Picko...a tough competitor, a true champion and an all round nice guy too

My seat buddy from Aisle 34 always had you to kick the first goal and she loved the little xmas video message you did for her at the SC Christmas party a few years back

Enjoy retirement mate..you've earnt it

Club Legend. Will always remember him as one of the toughest I've seen. Thanks Picko

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The memories...

We gave him a lifeline when he couldn’t get a long term gig with Collingwood, he repaid our faith in return.

sorry to intrude but very sorry to hear this. I always admired the way he went about his footy. He was a no nonsense, hard as nails, courageous but very fair player. A bloke you would want everyday of the week at your club. As the coach said universally admired.

I never would have thought back in the late 70s that 40 years later I'd be celebrating the magnificent career of a Collingwood champion's son who became one of our own champions. Ain't life strange?

Sad day. Even though he was known for being a scragger and battler early days, this bloke could seriously play football.

2016 final series was something else.

2017 game in Cairns after he kicked 6 goals, I had my little bloke hanging over the fence hoping to get a hat the players were handing out. After missing out and walking towards the exit Picken comes running over, calls out, jumps the fence and signs a hat for my little one.

Obviously ran back, grabbed another hat and chased us down. Incredible bloke.

What a day to announce his retirement lol :( .
This is very sad. I would of liked to see him out there at least one more time before he decided but I guess it was probably too much of a risk. All the best to his future.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry to see you go, sorry that I didn’t get to see you play once more in the red, white and blue.

But you gave us everything and it’s time to look after yourself and your family. You will always be remembered and a Dogs legend. You helped make a dream come true, when we had thought it might never be possible...

Thanks Liam !!

Thank you Liam for being a huge part of something I never thought I'd see.

So many images burned into my memory of your exploits throughout that finals campaign. Also going right back to that first day driving Harvey crazy at the MCG.

Have a happy and healthy retirement, you won't be forgotten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back