Recommitted Liam Ryan [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s really not, he’s coming off a full season of injuries. Go look at our deal for Tom Mitchell last year the pies didn’t pay his Brownlow medal price they paid on his latest output price. Reality is Ryan has only kicked 30 goals once is his whole career. Hardly screams out top 25 pick to be honest.
His best season was the COVID one where numbers were down everywhere

I would be gutted to lose ryan . Arguably our most skilled and talented player who pays for the ticket price every game he plays .

Unlike rioli he is contracted so if he wants to go we at least get a decent pick or GAGF .

Happy for him to stay

Dodgy hamstring. We'll give you Josh Corbett for him. I'd throw in Ethan Hughes as a goodwill gesture.

Ryan is possibly my favourite player to watch outside of the HFC.
Anyone saying he’s not worth a first is kidding themselves. Not to many players who can decide a game with less than 10 possies, I just hope we don’t have to give Brockman up to facilitate a trade

Ryan, Brockman and Bennell(Hawks Indigenous Officer) with Pickett last night for a catch up.

Would’ve been some interesting convos.

IMG_2751.jpeg

Hopefully this is a plan to keep Brockman at the Hawks..brockman and Ryan with Dylan moore and Connor Macdonald as high half forwards is a decent mix. Still desperate for a second key forward to help mitch Lewis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because neither have any finals tactics to give away.
Just seems like they have went to the Yeo, Sheed, Gaff, Barrass, Ryan and NN's and asked them to consider moving on. Get onto the front foot regarding contracts.

I'd be pretty devastated if Ryan headed off. Wheels seem to be turning with this. Very disappointed in West Coast tbh. I get it from a list management point of view but Ryan is someone the fans love to watch regardless of the team's shocking performances. Fan favourites like him shouldn't be shipped out so eagerly.

Anyone saying he’s not worth a first is kidding themselves. Not to many players who can decide a game with less than 10 possies, I just hope we don’t have to give Brockman up to facilitate a trade

Why else do you think the Hawks are aggresively approaching him?

Not a coincidence.

Just seems like they have went to the Yeo, Sheed, Gaff, Barrass, Ryan and NN's and asked them to consider moving on. Get onto the front foot regarding contracts.
Main reasons for this imo.

WC have stated they're looking to get multiple picks at the pointy end of the draft. Having a lot of decent picks gives them more opportunities to move up the order.

Opening up the salary cap.
WC will no doubt be looking at free agents like Tim English, Cam Zurhaar, Sam Taylor (and others I'm sure) in the next few years
- and the more cap space they have - the more likely they are to get one or more.

Terrible mismanagement by West Coast to have someone like Ryan potentially walk out on the club, one of the very few players that actually have talent on their list.

Terrible mismanagement by West Coast to have someone like Ryan potentially walk out on the club, one of the very few players that actually have talent on their list.
Maybe we should wait and see what happens before making unfounded allegations.

He's contracted, he ain't going anywhere unless we let him.

Hard not to see the Hawks getting a deal done without giving up Brockman imo

How can he potentially walk. He's contracted. His management and the Eagles have heard nothing. So yet another media driven BS story like the Harley Reid one.

Now Brockman. Didnt he sign a 1 year deal, is that all the Hawks offered him 12 months ago? Wow!

Thats terrible mismanagement by the Hawks to have someone like Brockman potentially walk out on the club, one of the very few players that actually has any talent on their list.

Really, really poor list management. Not quite as bad as using pick 6 on a kp defender like DGB........but up there.

Why else do you think the Hawks are aggresively approaching him?

Not a coincidence.
Probably because Hawthorn need to improve their forward half, and Ryan would be a great support for Brockman with Wingard possibly leaving/retiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back