Recommitted Liam Ryan [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

How can he potentially walk. He's contracted. His management and the Eagles have heard nothing. So yet another media driven BS story like the Harley Reid one.

Now Brockman. Didnt he sign a 1 year deal, is that all the Hawks offered him 12 months ago? Wow!

Thats terrible mismanagement by the Hawks to have someone like Brockman potentially walk out on the club, one of the very few players that actually has any talent on their list.

Really, really poor list management. Not quite as bad as using pick 6 on a kp defender like DGB........but up there.
Brockman uncontracted is bad I agree. DGB was rated at 6 or earlier it wasn’t a bad pick, 2020 is just turning out to be a stinker of a draft.

Probably because Hawthorn need to improve their forward half, and Ryan would be a great support for Brockman with Wingard possibly leaving/retiring.

You need a tall forward more than ryan though.

You need a tall forward more than ryan though.
We need players that can provide an aerial target.

If we can add Riccardi and Ryan to Lewis we’ll be doing ok.

We need players that can provide an aerial target.

If we can add Riccardi and Ryan to Lewis we’ll be doing ok.

I think ryan is useful in that area but you need a genuine 2nd key forward (and kozi aint it). I know you have the cap space for that and ryan but still i dont think ryan is a priority.

I think ryan is useful in that area but you need a genuine 2nd key forward (and kozi aint it). I know you have the cap space for that and ryan but still i dont think ryan is a priority.
Not everything goes to plan as you rebuild you need to keep improving your list in talent, leadership, standards etc. Ryan seems also to be a more strategic play to keep Brockman. He’s not at the expense of our kpf need so why can’t we do both?

How can he potentially walk. He's contracted. His management and the Eagles have heard nothing. So yet another media driven BS story like the Harley Reid one.

Now Brockman. Didnt he sign a 1 year deal, is that all the Hawks offered him 12 months ago? Wow!

Thats terrible mismanagement by the Hawks to have someone like Brockman potentially walk out on the club, one of the very few players that actually has any talent on their list.

Really, really poor list management. Not quite as bad as using pick 6 on a kp defender like DGB........but up there.

We are talking about a player who values family alot potentially willing to leave his home state to continue his career where there were doubts in his draft year that he would struggle interstate. Brockman has left wa , went through or has homesickness still decided to stick it out and extra year while dealing with not playing all season and his partner being pregant in WA.

We are talking about a player who values family alot potentially willing to leave his home state to continue his career where there were doubts in his draft year that he would struggle interstate. Brockman has left wa , went through or has homesickness still decided to stick it out and extra year while dealing with not playing all season and his partner being pregant in WA.

Except the player and Eagles are saying they know nothing about any of this. The report was Hawtborn intends to make a big play, have they actually made an offer yet? Sounds like Hawthorn playing out something via the media. Or the media making up stories to sell clicks......again.

Maybe Ryan is chasing one big last contract turning 29. I suggest its Hawthorn trying to turn the tables on Brockman leaving with his partner and twins as both WA clubs have made offers.

Time will tell.

Except the player and Eagles are saying they know nothing about any of this. The report was Hawtborn intends to make a big play, have they actually made an offer yet? Sounds like Hawthorn playing out something via the media. Or the media making up stories to sell clicks......again.

Maybe Ryan is chasing one big last contract turning 29. I suggest its Hawthorn trying to turn the tables on Brockman leaving with his partner and twins as both WA clubs have made offers.

Time will tell.
He turns 27 this year, hes not that old

It’s really not, he’s coming off a full season of injuries. Go look at our deal for Tom Mitchell last year the pies didn’t pay his Brownlow medal price they paid on his latest output price. Reality is Ryan has only kicked 30 goals once is his whole career. Hardly screams out top 25 pick to be honest.
You kidding yourself if Ryan isn't worth a top 25 pick.

No chance his leaving and no way would Eagles say yes to that.
Keep your chump change suggestions. Ryan is a great player and needed for us.

Ryan won't be keen on leaving WA just play out his contract , then see where he wants to play or retire head back to Geraldton . Hopefully signs on for two more years though .

Except the player and Eagles are saying they know nothing about any of this.
Was that Liam's doppelganger at the Hawks v North game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like 99% of this thread as the different club posters have focused on how much we like Liam Ryan. Let’s keep that going. There are few genuinely exciting forwards whatever he decides for his career I hope he’s back and flying again! And the moustache we need it back…

He can be whatever you dream champ.

Its your dream.

Maybe he was catching up with his future Eagles team mate and new forward line side kick next season.;):cool:

Lol. The Melbourne media Tweeted it it must be true right!

How many of these media rumours get up.

Is that all you have? Lol.
Melbourne media? It’s a Hawthorn member, who spotted him on the day.

Melbourne media? It’s a Hawthorn member, who spotted him on the day.

Good for them. Who is running with this story? Did th Hawks member also write those Tweets and report the Hawks are 'considering making a move'.

An AFL player in rehab goes to Melbourne, hangs out with indigenous players from two clubs and goes to the footy at the MCG.

You really are coming across as naive and a tad desperate pumping up these as sources of truth.

90% of what these nuffies report never happened and never will. But if it makes you feel better about your club........whatever floats your boat.

Good for them. Who is running with this story? Did th Hawks member also write those Tweets and report the Hawks are 'considering making a move'.

An AFL player in rehab goes to Melbourne, hangs out with indigenous players from two clubs and goes to the footy at the MCG.

You really are coming across as naive and a tad desperate pumping up these as sources of truth.

90% of what these nuffies report never happened and never will. But if it makes you feel better about your club........whatever floats your boat.
You’re in some weird sort of denial if you think Mitch Cleary just makes things up. He’s no schmuck.

Hawthorn played North 3 weeks ago at Marvel, Ryan and his family were there.

Ryan was also here a couple of days ago when he was pictured on Instagram with others First Nations players, and his kids playing with Brockman’s.

Colin Young his manager, was spotted at Hawthorn on Friday.

You’re in some weird sort of denial if you think Mitch Cleary just makes things up. He’s no schmuck.

Hawthorn played North 3 weeks ago at Marvel, Ryan and his family were there.

Ryan was also here a couple of days ago when he was pictured on Instagram with others First Nations players, and his kids playing with Brockman’s.

Colin Young his manager, was spotted at Hawthorn on Friday.

This could imply something other than Liam heading to Hawthorn though can't it? Especially considering one of the players is contracted for next year and the other is not.

EDIT: And Mitch Cleary may not make things up. But that is the case also with Ryan Daniels. Daniels has said both West Coast and Liam Ryan have no interest in a trade. So one of them is mistaken clearly.

This could imply something other than Liam heading to Hawthorn though can't it? Especially considering one of the players is contracted for next year and the other is not.
Of course it could. Never said it couldn't, and I never said it meant Ryan was going anywhere either.

Obeanie was saying it was a dream that Ryan was at the game and implied it was made up by "Melbourne media".

What sort of proof of interest do you need? No one is saying he is 100% leaving but this denial thing is weird.

What sort of proof of interest do you need? No one is saying he is 100% leaving but this denial thing is weird.

And where did I say he's 100% staying? I didn't. Even posted he may be chasing one big last contract this year whilst he's still 27.

Just laughing at people who use Vic media fluff pieces as a base an argument......or a subtle troll. That's all.

90% of what the media speculate on is just that.

Funny how this Liam Ryan noise has fired up as Brockman still hasn't re-signed with 4 games left. Bloke is playing as if he's checked out already. Maybe Liam's last word was 'take it easy bro, save the magic for next season and Optus.'

Some posts just read more like a tit for tat by some posters getting upset that they may well lose an out of contract Brockman for unders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back